H is for Hummus – A to Z Challenge 2020

Food makes us happy! In the case of Hummus, it’s quite literally a fact.

When you consume hummus, it helps release the Serotonin hormone (Stimulates happiness). Isn’t that so cool? I fumbled upon its benefits and was left spellbound.

What are the benefits of eating hummus?

  • It promotes good sleep!
  • It also improves cardiovascular health.
  • Consuming hummus increases muscle elasticity. (good for fitness freaks)

What is hummus made of?

For those who have no clue, hummus is a middle eastern dip that is made by blending chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil! The result is “oh so yummy!!”.

What do you eat hummus with?

Practically everything. You can smear it on your favorite bread, try it along with a variety of chips, and also use it as a dip instead of mayonnaise or mustard.

Here are some of the best places I’ve tried this middle eastern dip!

  • Bay route, All over Mumbai:

While costing might be on the higher side, Bay route happens to give you the best experience of the middle eastern cuisine. Sip their famous drink “LaBan” along.

  • Mabruk, Sahara Star, Parle:

Mabruk is another specialty place that gives you an authentic experience at a high cost. If you’re looking to introduce yourself to this cuisine, this is a good place to start.

  • Country of Origin, Bandra & Malabar Hill:

Let’s add a bakery to this list. This is one of the most unique bakeries that houses a variety of food items from around the countries. They have 4 types of hummus and it’s considered to be really good.

There are many other places that I’ve yet to visit and try. What about you? Have you visited any hummus place I should know about? If yes, then please do comment and let me know. I’d love to try it out.

Happy Maundy Thursday to everyone!

Here are my past posts for the letter H from the A to Z Challenge.

2015 – H is for Hebdomadally

2016 – H is for Heteronym and Hesternopothia

2017 – H is for Hircismus

2018 – H is for Hirquitalliency

2019 – H is for Hesitant

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

8 thoughts on “H is for Hummus – A to Z Challenge 2020”

    1. Hey Gurjeet, sorry to disappoint you! Won’t be covering recipes here for this year’s challenge. However, you can check the blog – veg recipes of India for the recipe!

    1. Yes, I have a similar story. Mine was though in Muscat: I tried it once, didn’t like it. After a while, I got a hang of hummus and now can’t get enough of it.

    1. Well, high five! Hummus is love! Does fill you up pretty quick and now I’ve realized it’s good for us too!

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top