H is for Hirquitalliency – A to Z Challenge 2018

H is for Hirquitalliency which means strength of voice.

In all the stages of life, the one thing we all must maintain is the strength of voice. It does sound impossible and honestly it is. But a little bit of effort can go a long way. We all have a voice. The only problem being that it plays in our mind more than it should in the real world. Every situation creates an ache within us when we have to speak but we choose to be silent. We lose that strength. Why do we lose it?

We lose it because of many reasons. Few of them being;

  1. You might care for the other person.
  2. We don’t want others to gang up and criticize us.
  3. Also, we care for our own image in front of everyone.
  4. The thought of raising your points in front of them scares you.
  5. We just don’t care.

It’s important to not only have your own voice but also to use it appropriately. We all consciously or unconsciously are attracted to people who have such voices. By strength of voice I don’t mean the sound but the way the person speaks. He/she is clear in what they think. They don’t contradict. We sometimes have some thoughts which don’t match with our friends but we agree with them to avoid a showdown. That is wrong and you must speak when you don’t agree. The true friends will be hurt but they’ll respect your thoughts too. The plastic ones will be offended and shall eject you from the group. They’re doing you a favor, so thank them!

In conclusion, I’d like to say that your voice defines you. Don’t shut it out always. Use hirquitalliency more often than you do now. The people who care for you will take time to adjust but they won’t leave. You can use your voice to filter out the dirt in your life and make it better.

Here’s one person I know who has a lot of strength in her voice i.e. My mother.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

2 thoughts on “H is for Hirquitalliency – A to Z Challenge 2018”

  1. This is my first time view here. I learnt a new word today. You have so rightly said don’t shut your voice it defines you. Interesting post and the usage of it.

    1. Hi, Thank you for stopping by. I’m glad you could relate to this post. There are many more words remaining and I’d like you to visit and read them all as well.

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top