French Fries - List of Top places near me - A to Z Challenge 2020

F is for French Fries – A to Z Challenge 2020

French Fries! There are so many one-liners I can share on this:

  • Lots of Exercise? I thought you said lots of extra fries!
  • I speak only French (fries)!!
  • My favorite day of the week is Fry-Day!
  • Your French fries are simply my French fries on the wrong plate.
  • And finally, you’re the ketchup to my fries!

The history of French fries dates back to the 16th century & is often disputed. Some say it originated in Belgium and some say in France. No matter what the reality is, on behalf of everyone, I’d like to thank you for giving us such an amazing food item.

Like eggs, French fries too can be had at any point of the day. You can pair it along with your burger, pizza, & even your main course! It just fits!

The thing about French fries is that you need to fry it right. If it’s overcooked, or undercooked you might either lose the taste or it might be too hard to chew! Thankfully I have been to places where these fries have melted my heart. It would be wrong if I didn’t share it with you guys!

Here are some of the best places I’ve tried French Fries:

  • Doolally Taproom, All over Mumbai:

Perhaps one of the best places for fries, you get 5 amazing dips with the likes of Mango Salsa, Coriander Pesto, etc. It’s perfect to use it as a sharing plate along with friends while you sip on some brewed beers.

  • The J, All over Mumbai:

It’s rare to find niche places just for fries. The J is one of such places that serve lots and lots of fries! There are tons of sauce options for vegetarians and non-vegetarians. You’re bound to find something you like. (P.S – There’s takeaway too!)

  • 145 and Bombay Fries:

Lastly, adding two outlets namely, 145 Cafe and The Bombay Fries. These two outlets have some amazing options when it comes to fries!

So tell me if you know of any places in India that serve the best fries! Let’s make a list for everyone to see!

Here are my past posts for the letter F from the A to Z Challenge.

2015 – F is for Foin

2016 – F is for Fiddlededee and Fideicide

2017 – F is for Flibbertigibbet

2018 – F is for Frisson

2019 – F is for Frenemy

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

30 thoughts to “F is for French Fries – A to Z Challenge 2020”

    1. Hey Harjeet, that’s great to know. Making your own food is probably the best feeling! Cheers to you. Happy A to Z.

  1. F is for faltering too and with your update on this absolutely sinnable delicacy, that’s what I am gonna do.

    Faltering on my diet with some fries is my next agenda.

  2. French Fries are something that none can deny loving. We love them and we survived on them during some of our travels in Europe. Yes who cares where they from, as long as they continue to satiate out palates.

    1. Well I totally agree… Had been to Bangkok recently and there too after a point of experimenting with food, I did try French fries… The love it eternal…

    1. Hey Anahita, wow that too must be an amazing feeling only. The aroma of those fries… Oh I miss them a lot now…

    1. Heya, yes, please!
      I’m mentioning the food from each letter.
      What I’m also trying is to let everyone know about the best places the food can be found!

  3. Omg, fries are the most comfort food ever! And I totally agree with the order of your recommendations😍😍 Doolally tops my list too, love their dips with the fries.

    1. Hey Seema, long time!
      High-five! Doolally always on top. My love for fries increased because of them!

    1. Hey, glad to know! With all this lockdown, I’m too waiting for the time when I can devour these french fries.

    1. Hi Khushboo, thank you so much for visiting. I’ve loved french fries and now know how important it is since the lockdown.

    1. Yes Sapna they are loaded with calories but that’s never stopped anyone from trying it no πŸ˜›

  4. I love french fries and yes, even my favourite day is Fryday! Thanks for sharing these information about french fries!

Share your thoughts here!