F is for Frisson – A to Z Challenge 2018

F is for Frisson which means a thrill.

We all at some point in life have gone through with a thrill that’s still fresh in our memories. That sudden rush of excitement cannot be felt until it’s done again. While searching for today’s word, I happened to jot down Frisson as it took me back to my travel memories. My best friends also happen to be my school buddies. We are a group of 5 crazy guys.

In 2015 we visited Kasol, Himachal Pradesh. Travel was not our thing basically. We preferred to stay and roam within Mumbai. You can call us lazy and we will not deny that. With a lot of excitement, we decided to book hotels for our 7 days trip and to our dismay we couldn’t find hotels as per our budget. It was then that we decided to take a risk by just booking one night’s hotel stay and decide our trip and itinerary once we reach the hotel.

Did our decision pay off well?

Yes it did. We cracked a deal with the hotelier to give us more discount. This was based on a promise that we stay there for 3 nights instead of 1. Every other place we saw in Kasol was due to the staff who helped us go to these places. Our experiences of hot water springs after a 6 hour trek to Kheerganga, River rafting at the Beas river, waking up at 4 in the morning to catch a bus to Rohtang pass came spontaneously. The thrill of not knowing what we would do next and what was in store for us gave us a rush like never before.

Since that trip, 2 out of 5 have began taking solo trips throughout India and I am so proud of them. Hence thrills are needed and having such memories in life is important.

In conclusion I’d like to know what was your best thrill in life ever that you cannot forget?

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

1 thought on “F is for Frisson – A to Z Challenge 2018”

  1. Pingback: F is for French Fries - A to Z Challenge 2020 - Lance Quadras

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top