Have you learned something new during this lock-down?
I certainly have. I learned that health is important and taking it lightly was a big mistake. As we learn from our mistakes, I will ensure to safeguard my health as soon as possible.
Yes, I am talking about Health Insurance.
Are you thinking of your health too?
Don’t be shy. Most of us took this lightly but now we realize how important it is to safeguard our health. Now is the time to #RestartRight.
In 2020, we will witness the changing face of health insurance. I say this because pre-2020, most individuals will opt for health insurance only to claim tax benefits.
Only a smaller percentage of people will apply for insurance to safeguard well being. But now, with the after-effects of a global pandemic, health insurance will be our main focus.
With this, I have a question for you all…do you know what to look for while picking the best health insurance?
If the answer is NO, then you’re in luck as I have found the best way to choose health insurance. The process is so simple that even your kids can follow.
You can also read – 9 Easy Ways to keep outdoor allergens outside your home
What to look for while picking your best health insurance in India?
If you’re living in India and wish to get health insurance in India, here are some basic factors you must check:
1. Find out if the insurance provides cashless medical treatments in most hospitals throughout the country. This will help you in case you are traveling and need medical attention.
2. Does the insurance provider cover critical illness, accidental death, and permanent total disability? This cover is necessary as medical bills for these cases are huge and unaffordable.
3. With hospitals getting full, it is good to find an insurance provider that provides home healthcare benefits.
ICICI Lombard is one such insurance provider that gives this special benefit.
4. Will you get tax deduction benefits? After all, this can help you save money.
5. Is there a free health check-up every year? Yes, almost every insurance provider has this facility.
6. Choosing a high sum insured amount will help you tackle huge hospital bills. A top-up cover option can allow you to enhance your existing insurance.
7. No claim bonus is a feature provided to you when you don’t file any medical claims during the year. For each year there is no claim, a certain amount will increase on your sum assured amount. It’s best to opt for an insurance provider that gives this facility.
8. Opt for the health insurance provider who provides a higher % of your sum assured on hospital room rent. This will help you save money in case you are admitted for a longer duration.
9. Always look at the claim settlement ratio. A higher ratio means that claims get settled quickly. So, in case you submit a claim, you can expect quick results.
After doing my research, I realized that ICICI Lombard has everything you need in health insurance. Moreover, the launch of their ILTake-Care app makes the entire process easier and smooth.
With new additions planned in their insurance schemes, you can ensure that you protect your family’s well being.
I plan to #RestartRight by focusing on my health. How do you plan to #RestartRight?
If you wish to sort your savings and investments too, find the Top 3 Safe Investments with High returns during the lockdown