Where’s My Food, Juhu:

Location and proximity from Station:

It’s hard to miss this one. It’s near the JVPD bus station and around PVR Juhu or ISKCON. Although from station it’s a good 10-15 minutes away courtesy the never ending traffic.

Ambiance and seating:

Where’s my food is a tiny place with seating for only 12-15 people at max. They’ve kept it simple with a TV on both sides for people sitting to enjoy their time there. No need to turn your head to watch a match/video etc.

Food and Drinks (Appetizers):

Firstly, they have a good variety in their menu. I must say for a place like this, they’ve outdone themselves. These are few of the categories they serve:

Chinese

Pizza/Pastas

Sandwiches/Burgers/Burritos

Tandoor

Continental

It’s not surprising to see more surge in home delivery orders here.

Here’s what we tried on our visit:

Country Limeade: Lime and mint go hand in hand. So does this drink. My dad wasn’t that well so we decided to skip the cold version of it. And surprisingly the taste was still amazing. I wonder how would the cold one be. Must be better!

Kit Kat Shake: A thick shake with everything sweet and tasty. I liked it. I only wish they added 1 or 2 pieces of kit kat just for the feel. Who wouldn’t like the chocolate anyway on the side?

Bang Bang Shrimp with Fries: French fries with tiny bit of shrimp pieces spread well on a platter with 2 in house dips i.e. mayonnaise and sweet chilly. This was well made and I did not feel bad at all. Do try this out. If not the shrimp then at least the fries!

Peri Peri Chicken: These chicken skewers are decent and good for those who like skewers in general. There are 5 sticks in a plate.

Main Course:

Also, for the main course we tried options:

Grilled chicken with Black pepper: I have a thing for black pepper with chicken. It’s my go-to dish always wherever I visit. Here was no exception either. This dish comes with options of noodles/rice/mashed potatoes and an in house dip. I opted for the mashed potatoes option. It’s an amazing choice. The chicken is grilled well and the mashed potatoes go well with the veggies. The veggies are a very good addition with this dish. The quantity is enough for one person to be stuffed.

Lemon Herb Basa: Like black pepper chicken, Basa is my go-to dish in the fishy department. I always make it a point to try it out.This dish comes with options of noodles/rice/mashed potatoes and an in house dip. The fish is well made, there’s a bit of lemon based gravy, mashed potatoes and veggies to go along with. Do try this if you like fish.

Desserts:

Finally, after all these options, we took the bold step and ordered a desert much to the annoyance of our tummies.

Banana Split: This one’s a classic. Banana slices with ice cream, gems and kit kat chocolate pieces. Yes, this is the best they can offer and recommended totally by me.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, this place is too small but they have a lot of options. The food is good and the staff is courteous. The place can bank on their menu variety to get more home delivery options. I do hope that in the near future they do plan on shifting someplace nearby in Juhu but with more space. People would definitely love it.

Where's My Food? Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Continue Reading

The concept of Fine dining in Bombay is ever growing. This is because we have been demanding for good food a lot and we don’t mind shelling money for it. Royal China is one such place which serves authentic Cantonese cuisine and promises you to have an amazing time as they’ve been doing it since the past 14 years! Yes, they’ve been here for a very long time and hence you can trust them.

Location and proximity from Station:

Royal China is located in Fort, behind Sterling Cinema. It’s a 10 minute taxi ride away from Churchgate station and just a 5 minute walk away from CST station.

Ambiance and seating:

When I entered this place on a Monday evening at 9pm, it was almost packed. They have a place which can easily seat around 70 people. They have a private dining space too which has 2 tables that can seat 12 on each table. The lighting is a bit dim and also there is no space congestion as such.

Food and Drinks (Appetizers):

We got to try 3 types of dim sums and 3 appetizers along with 2 cocktails per person.

Godfather: A classic whisky based cocktail which never ever disappoints me. I always try the whisky based cocktails wherever I go and this was amazing as it should be. A must have!

Mai-Tai: Mai Tai is usually a white rum based cocktail with more fruit in it. Unfortunately here the rum was overpowered and hence it felt more like a fruity mocktail. Maybe an off day but they can certainly improve on this.

Daiquiris: I had the kiwi version of this. Tastes really good.

Old Fashioned: Another whisky based cocktail. Similar to the Godfather and yes, similar is my review for it too. It’s too good and strong in taste. Not for the faint hearted.

Prawn Crab-meat and Black Pepper Dumpling: I’m really surprised with what they have achieved here. This dumpling had the right amount of meat and pepper which balanced well. It is not spicy and has a good taste.

Chicken and Chive dumpling: My verdict for this is OK-ok. Unfortunately I’m to blame for this. We’ve tried so many chicken dumplings with masala that our taste buds are used to it. I continuously kept comparing it to the ones I’ve had elsewhere and this couldn’t live up to it. But overall it’s still good.

Wild Mushroom Crystal Dumpling: I’m surprised to say this but this was the best dumpling of the night. Yes, the staff recommended this and we are glad we listened to them. It’s soft, tender, non-spicy and has a good taste.

Smoked shredded chicken: The Cantonese cuisine is more dry than gravy options and hence the shredded chicken here felt like the dry chicken pieces which we have as appetizers. It’s decent no doubt but without any sauce/dips to accompany it, it will definitely feel more dry.

Tenderloin in Truffle Oil: Yes, this was a revelation. The tenderloin was well cooked and the meat was tender. It did not take much effort for me to keep chewing it for a long time. Tastes good.

Steamed prawns with Garlic: A must have for those who like prawns. The prawns here are accompanied with soy sauce and garlic. The overall result is an awesome prawns dish.

Main Course:

Egg Fried Rice – Chicken Fried Soya Noodles: We were provided with a vegetable gravy and a sauteed whole garoupa fish. To accompany those were egg fried rice which is nothing but wok tossed rice with egg. Trust me, this is the best egg fried rice I’ve ever tried this year for sure. Soya noodles were decent but can be avoided.

Shaolin Monks Vegetable Pot: This pot has a lot of exotic veggies mixed with sauces that is perfect for you to end the night here. This is more on the sweeter side and if you prefer a non spicy dish, this is what you can try!

Garoupa fish – I loved their style of serving an entire fish on a huge platter. This was served topped with ginger, red chilies and spring onion on a base of soy sauce. Amazing and a must have for those who like their fish.

Desserts:

Mud Cake with Ice cream: They can never go wrong in food and drinks. Hence expecting them to make a mistake in desserts is a crime. The chocolate mud cake was well made. It was thick and very tasty. To accompany this was vanilla ice cream. It complimented the mud cake well.

Steamed Buns with Creamy custard: This is an unusual dessert and I must recommend you try this. The bun is steamed and there is a creamy custard filling inside. Yes, it’s a bit warm but that does not take the taste away.

Conclusion:

Overall, I have visited a few fine dining places this year and Royal China definitely deserves one of the top spots. They’re really good with the food, drinks, desserts and also with their hospitality. The staff here needs a special mention.

For the time I was there, I noticed all the time the staff were on their toes and looked around if the diners needed something. This is commendable.

Indeed they are on the costlier side as every dish will cost you over 450. But that should not stop you from visiting this place once a while as the food is worth it.

Royal China Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Continue Reading