I’ve always been fond of Asian cuisine varieties. There’s so much you can bring to the table using a mix of hundreds of ingredients and spices to tickle your taste buds. And then there is my love for sushi. Hence when I visited Yazu Andheri also called as the best Japanese restaurant in Andheri, I knew I was in for a good experience.
Location and proximity to the station – Situated beside the best landmark in Andheri west i.e Infinity Mall, Yazu Andheri is the best lounge in Andheri and has space for more than 100 guests at one time. You can reach here via the DN Nagar metro station within 10 minutes, 15-20 minutes each to Jogeshwari or Andheri station.
Seating and Ambiance:
There’s comfortable seating along with seating allocated at the bar and a separate area with a high table for those who want to enjoy the live screenings. There is absolutely no problem whatsoever in terms of space congestion.
Food and Drinks in Yazu Andheri – Here’s what we tried;
- Bhut Jolokia Mule – I am a whiskey cocktail person. But something about this place made me try different options. The staff suggested Bhut Jolokia Mule. For those who don’t know, Bhut Jolokia is the spiciest chilly all over the world found within India. They have made a paste out of it and added vodka along with ginger and lemon. This drink gives the perfect hit and taste. It is spicy and lovely. Highly recommended that you try it out.
- Yazu special Gin and Tonic – I also am fond of the classic gin with tonic water at the Yazu restaurant Mumbai. It really has amazing taste. Here too they have served with cinnamon and the end result is so good. There is a nice aroma coming out of the glass and it is amazing. Please do try it out.
- Prawn Tempura with creamy salmon – Perhaps one of the most surprising moments of my dinner here was this sushi. I am not a prawns fan but on their suggestion, I did try it. Along with prawns and salmon, there was avocado, cucumber, and Togarashi sauce which is almost like the sriracha mayo sauce. This was fantastic and I highly recommend you try it.
4. Yazu Signature Roll – The Yazu signature roll is a smoked salmon special. I love salmon sushi and hence I liked it a lot. It tastes really nice and is not spicy at all.
- Red Tuna Nigiri – The classic Nigiri is a type of sushi that has the raw meat or fish which is placed on top of pressed vinegared rice. I had this with a pinch of wasabi and I must say it was good. I usually prefer salmon nigiri but red tuna did surprise me.
- Spicy Lamb – Again, the suggestion by Yazu’s staff is bang on target. This one is a chef’s signature dish where the meat is cooked very well. They’ve made it spicy and I must say it is the good kind of spicy where you cannot stop eating until it’s over. Do try it out if the lamb is your favorite.
- Yazu signature green curry fried rice – This one is your basic green Thai curry along with their basic version of fried rice. These are served with 4 prawn crackers for the company and topped along with sunny side up fried egg. I love green curry and hence these mains is amazing. The rice tastes well and so does the meat. Please do try this out.
8. Japanese Cheesecake – I love matcha. I cannot deny it. Hence when I saw the cheesecake here along with matcha ice cream, I had to try it. They have added their baked cheesecake along with matcha green tea ice cream. I loved the texture and consistency of taste. It’s really good.
To conclude, there’s good food at Yazu restaurant Mumbai and also an amazing variety of drinks. A special thanks to their staff, especially “Kreo” and “Piloto”. They made us feel at home and were always there to help us make the right decisions and ensure we had a good meal. People as such make your dinner a memorable experience. Do check Yazu Andheri. They’re worth it.
You can also read – Unlock Netflix Secret Codes and watch hidden movies and TV Series