O is for Oats – A to Z Challenge 2020

When it’s time for healthy food, oats do come in the Top 3 foods! You’d be surprised how it’s treated in different parts of the world though!

In England, this is as a grain for horses!

People in Scotland use this as a staple & low priced breakfast option.

Indians and the rest of the world use it to lower cholesterol and lose weight!

Isn’t it funny how different countries perceive one food?

Oats are one of the most nutrient-rich food for the human body! It helps us live a healthy life by reducing the risk of heart diseases!

Can oats make you fat?

In the right proportion, this is the perfect food for a flat stomach. It takes time in digestion and hence burns more calories. But overeating it must be avoided.

How much oatmeal should I eat a day?

As per research, women can eat up to a portion of 25 gms per day. For men, the limit is 38 gms.

What can be made from oats?

Let’s make the best of this lockdown with some experimentation in the kitchen. Presenting some of my favorite options that you can add with oats sitting at the luxury of your home.

  • Upma, Chilla, Parantha, Idli & Dosa for breakfast
  • Waffles, Halwa & Kheer for dessert
  • Porridge, Maggi & Tikkis for snacks
  • Fruit Smoothie for a cool drink
  • Khichdi & Risotto for lunch

You can find tons of recipes of these above options by Dassana – Veg Recipes of India

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

2015 – O is for Omnism

2016 – O is for Odontalgia and Onychophagist

2017 – O is for Opsimath

2018 – O is for Obolary

2019 – O is for Optate

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

7 thoughts on “O is for Oats – A to Z Challenge 2020”

  1. Oat-milk is a staple breakfast for me. Have also made khichdi. Had heard about some of the other options, although risotto, dosa and waffles are news to me.

    Nice post. 🙂

    1. Hey there… Yeah it’s one of the best breakfast options ever. Do check out the link. There are some mad oats recipes!

  2. Oats – milk is my go-to breakfast on busy weekdays. I have used oats in many forms mentioned in your list except waffle, kheer , and halwa.

    1. Hey Alpana, that’s great. Wow you’ve tried a lot from the list. Time to try the remaining options as well… 🙂

      1. Hey Monika, that’s great you wish to make something new. There’s a link on the post with recipes… Could you check it.. I’m sure you’ll get what you seek!

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top