X is for Xacuti – A to Z Challenge 2020

Xacuti, Chacuti, or Sagoti! No matter what you call this spicy curry, it indeed is a treat to your taste buds.

Xacuti Chicken is one of the most famous curries in Goa. It is created using white poppy seeds, tamarind, chili, and many more ingredients.

Where can I find the best Xacuti in Goa?

You can find this special Goan curry at high-end restaurants, & shacks at beaches all over Goa. But if you wish to know the best place for Xacuti, then it will be the home-cooked version. The traditional xacuti will taste the best when cooked at home. Locals create this curry to perfection and you would love the taste too.

Chicken Xacuti recipe:

If you are looking to create this authentic Goan curry, then I shall help in whatever ways I can. Here are recipe options for this Goan special in vegetarian and non-vegetarian. I have chosen meats like Chicken, Mutton, Prawns, & Crabs. In vegetarian, you can check the mushroom recipe in Hindi, & English.

Mushroom – Flavors of Mumbai

Mushroom (Hindi) – Archana’s Kitchen

Chicken – Living Foodz

Chicken (Hindi) – Cook Pad

Mutton – Goan food recipes

Prawns – Hungry Forever

Crab – Sarah Todd

I hope you have a good time recreating this special spicy Goan curry.

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

20 thoughts on “X is for Xacuti – A to Z Challenge 2020”

  1. Coincidentally we were talking about cooking Xacuti today and I came across your article. Saved me the time to look for recipes!! Thanks

  2. delhifundos2014

    I never tried this dish. This Xacuti Chicken looks so delicious. I will definitely going to try this for sure.

  3. Looks delicious and mouth watering. I have been to Goa and tried the authentic mutton Xacuti there with coconut cream. Loved the spicy curry and thanks for the article will try once.

  4. Wow I had never heard of this curry before. Xacuti Chicken sounds so interesting. I would love to taste it and see how it is. I will try to make this recipe this weekend. Thanks for this, I learned something new.

  5. Xacuti looks delicious! I had no idea about this Goan delicacy – the only Goan dish I know is vindaloo haha! Would love to try xacuti someday too, or maybe I’ll try cooking it myself! Thanks for sharing this, Lance!

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top