Here’s how you can choose the best wedding planner in India

W is for Wedding Planner

Most couples wish for their wedding to be memorable. Wouldn’t it be nice if weddings would be like how they show in the movies?

It would but they skip the most important part i.e. the planning that goes into creating the best wedding experience.

People who are married know the stress and tension that one gets during the wedding planning stages. If you can manage it then good for you! Those who don’t want that stress often look for wedding planners.

But wait, how can I get the best wedding planner in India?

Yes, I know there are tons of planners out there, and choosing one can be a difficult decision to make. Hence to make it easy, here’s a set of 5 questions that you can ponder upon.

Answering them will make it easy for you to make that decision and have that dream wedding!

1. Portfolio + Experience:

Like interviews, you can first check the portfolio and experience of the wedding planner. This helps you shortlist quite a few planners. You can also check the websites of these planners to shortlist. Like always, research is the key.

2. Location:

If the wedding planner knows the location of your ceremony/reception, then it gets better for you. As they have already worked here earlier, you can check their portfolio for this location and understand their style.

Wedding planner in India

3. Vendors:

I recently heard from a wedding planner in Mumbai that most wedding planners have a set of vendors (caterers, music, flowers, etc) that they prefer to work with. Find out who these vendors are and research if they will be a good fit for your wedding.

4. Friendly + Patient:

If the planner you are discussing with isn’t easy to connect with and not friendly, there are high chances of having arguments and disagreements. Hence it’s safe to go ahead with planners who are friendly, and understand what you need without losing their patience.

5. Introspect:

Ask yourselves these questions:

  • Does the planner understand our vision?
  • Will they work as per our budget?
  • Are they okay with being recommended to other vendors or planner want his/her vendors only?
  • Did we connect well?

What are my thoughts on the best wedding planner in India?

Multiple planners consider being the best wedding planner in India. But in the end, if you can answer these questions and get positive vibes, it can work out well for you.

What do you think? Is choosing a wedding planner in India an easy task?

P.S – The banners and images used in this Blog are from my friend Niti and Niket’s wedding. Hands down, it’s one of the best planned and beautiful weddings I’ve attended in the past couple of years.

This is the 7th time I’m participating in the A to Z Challenge series. You can catch up with my posts from 2015 up to 2021 by CLICKING HERE