Budget kya hai?
Whether it’s wedding planning in Mumbai or any part of India, this will be the first question you will face.
In the past couple of years, I’ve seen a lot of weddings. Right from the wedding dresses to the wedding invitation card, everything must be detailed and perfect. And we know that such detailing comes at a cost.
Who knew that wedding stage decoration and a wedding background are not added in every hall/ground costing? I certainly didn’t know that. Many bubbles burst when I saw a friend’s marriage and the cost.
Hence I realized there are so many things that one must consider while wedding planning.
Here are some of the major pointers:
1. Number of events and guests – Yes, it sounds not so important but during budgeting, having clarity on this would help you plan a wedding budget with ease. More guests = Increased budget. COVID-19 restrictions might limit your count (50-100).
2. Choose a venue – Venue is important. Choose between a hall (AC or non-AC) or an open-air ground. If you have a farmhouse, space that can be utilized, you’ll be saving a lot of money.
3. Food – Few patrons come just for the food. Do focus on this aspect too as a bad experience here might end up in bad memories for the crowd. Adding items per plate will increase your cost.
4. Honeymoon – Well it’s your wedding so why not plan a honeymoon too with the cost. Create a budget for the visa, flights, hotels, shopping, etc.
5. Rent/Property buying – Finally, keep a certain portion of the budget based on your property choice – Buying or renting. Having a buffer fund will only help you start your marriage minus hassle.
There are other costs as well but I thought of adding the 5 most important costs that one can focus on! (I’m still confused if I should have added wedding dresses to this list)
What are my thoughts on the wedding budget?
Firstly plan your stay options post-marriage. If you wish to buy a property or have enough funds post-marriage, go ahead with an intimate function. That will give you clarity on your wedding budget.
You can call close friends, family and hold the wedding ceremony. With COVID-19 still looming around, it’s not safe to call many people and risk their health.
In the end, it’s your wedding, do it in a way you prefer, as per your budget, and minus any regrets!
What do you think about the importance of a wedding budget? Did I miss out on any point that you wish to add?
This is the 7th time I’m participating in the A to Z Challenge series. You can catch up with my posts from 2015 up to 2021 by CLICKING HERE
Powered by #BlogchatterA2Z