4 hidden benefits of Vitamin C you should know

I have been back at work for a few months now. In the beginning, it was amazing because I got to meet a few of my colleagues and I got to leave the house. But slowly, I realized that all the good habits I had developed while working from home: exercising, eating home-cooked meals, sleeping on time, less screen time, etc. were all going for a toss.

So, I researched different ways how I could continue to stay healthy. I am happy to report that I found simple ways to reach my goal.

It took me a while to craft a routine for myself that I could sustain now that I was back at work. Instead of exercising every day, I shifted it to twice a week. I added more home-cooked meals to my daily diet. Reducing screen time has been the hardest, but I’m working on it.

While doing my research, I realized that one of the key ways to ensure your well-being is through building immunity. Strong immunity will keep diseases at bay and help you in leading a good life. You can get there in many ways, and one of them is Vitamin C.

4 Hidden Benefits of Vitamin C:

May help you beat cold faster:[1]

Vitamin C may help to reduce the duration of cold symptoms.[2] Isn’t that great!

The best “cell service” for your body:[3]

What that means is, Vitamin C does immense service to your body’s cells. How?

Pollution and smoking create harmful free radicles and Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that helps to neutralize the free radicles. [4]

Vitamin C is good for skin: [5]

How Vitamin C helps the body and your skin? Your body needs Vitamin C to make bones, cartilage, tendons, blood vessels, etc. Not just new skin, this vitamin helps in repairing skin when you get cuts and also helps you avoid wrinkles.

Helps in building immunity

We know vitamin C helps other nutrients in your body work better like consuming Vitamin C-rich food with your meals boosts iron absorption[6] Ideal intake of Vitamin C can help you build immunity.[7]

Right from being involved in repairing tissues to playing a key role in keeping your immune system recharged, there’s a lot that Vitamin C can do for your body.[8]

You can also read – The easiest way to choose the best health insurance for your family

While I believe in adding Vitamin C to my body through natural sources, I also understand that with so many tasks demanding my attention, it may not be as much as my body needs. I read about supplementing Vitamin C through other sources and asked my physician whether I needed them; she assessed my diet and routine and then suggested Limcee Vitamin C Chewable Tablets 500mg. I realized that not only will I be able to #BoostImmunityWithLimcee but also sustain it.

What this entire exercise has taught me is that when I take charge of my body and health, I can lead a good life. It is not enough to take half-hearted measures with one’s health. Thankfully, I took corrective measures to ensure I remain healthy.

I end this post by sharing my health mantra: Healthy body = Healthy life! What is your health mantra?

Disclaimer: The views expressed in these blog contents are independent views solely of the blogger based on their personal experience, research, and due diligence on the product referred. The content is sponsored by Abbott Healthcare Private Limited (Abbott) for product information purposes, intended for Indian residents only. It does not replace the advice of a physician, nor is a recommendation or endorsement by Abbott. You should seek the advice of a qualified physician for understanding the suitability of the referred product before consumption, for diagnosis, and before starting any medication, exercise, or diet. Please discuss your existing medical conditions and medical history with your physician.

The content does not reflect the views of Abbott or its affiliates. Although greatest possible care has been taken in compiling, checking, and developing the content to ensure that it is accurate and complete, Abbott is not responsible or in any way liable for any injury or damage to any persons in view of reliance placed on or action taken basis of the information herein, or any errors, omissions or inaccuracies and/or incompleteness of the information.

[1] https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/ss/slideshow-vitamin-c

[2] https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/vitamin-c-for-common-cold#1

[3] https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-benefits-of-vitamin-c#1

[4] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249911/

[5] https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/ss/slideshow-vitamin-c

[6] https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/vitamin-c/

[7] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29099763/

[8] https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-benefits-of-vitamin-c#1

13 thoughts on “4 hidden benefits of Vitamin C you should know”

  1. I always had complains about skin ageing, but after I started taking Vitamin C to build my immunity, I could see marked improvement in skin as well. Vitamin C certainly has many health benefits.

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top