How can you choose the perfect Wedding Ring for your partner?

R is for Rings

There’s a joke I keep hearing that during the main event, the groom gives the bride a wedding ring and he gets the last ring he will ever need i.e. The “Suffer-Ring”!!

Now I don’t know yet if that’s a joke or not, but I do know that the ring ceremony is a big deal. Whether it’s in catholic or non-catholic marriages, the ring ceremony is important.

This also means you need to get the best rings too then right?

Keeping that in mind, let’s decode the best ways one can find the perfect wedding ring for one partner.

1. Cost:

Now, believe it or not, I’ve kept this as the first factor. Simply, because ring cost plays an important role in your wedding budget. While rings can cost anywhere from 5-10k onward, some rings go in upwards of 1-2 lakhs as well.

You must discuss with your partner and come up with a wedding budget dedicated to the rings. Also, the budget can be decided basis on if separate rings will be given on the engagement and wedding day.

wedding rings

2. Design:

Designs in rings have come a long way in this decade. There are quite a few designs that make you go “Wow” and when you see the cost, you go “Ohhh”. There are couple-bands rings, theme-based rings, and much more.

If you two have a specific design in mind for each other, check the feasibility and the costing. If not, you can always go for the various designs for couple-rings that most jewelers keep.

3. Peer Pressure:

This one is only for those selected few who either out of family or their partner’s pressure ends up getting the costliest ring they may or may not afford. Peer pressure is real. I sincerely hope this is not the case for anyone.

What are my thoughts on the wedding ring?

There are various ways a couple can look at wedding rings. One of them is as an investment. If you have the means and can spend a little more, then go for it. If not, then reconsider using that money for your future!

What do you think? Is spending a lot on the wedding ring fine or should one spend less?

This is the 7th time I’m participating in the A to Z Challenge series. You can catch up with my posts from 2015 up to 2021 by CLICKING HERE