Here’s how a bit of Quiet Time can help you during Marriage Planning

Q is for Quiet Time

Planning in Indian Marriages can be stressful.

Of all the things the couple has to plan and execute, getting a bit of peace and quiet time can often be impossible. This can lead to that unusual burst of frustration and irritation.

Hence here are some ways you can manage to get that quiet time and help reduce stress.

1. Plan marriage in advance:

This is probably the number one advice every couple gets but it does make sense. Planning well in advance allows you to complete tasks as per your timeline. Here’s one way you can reduce stress.

2. “We time” and “Me time”:

In any marriage, it’s not always supposed to be “we time”. You do need your “me-time” as well. This allows you to do things that you like and you end up feeling better. Post that, “we-time” feels better too.

marriage planning

The same applies during marriage planning.

You can give each other a lot of time but it’s best to keep that “me-time” as well. This helps keep frustrations and irritation away.

3. Take all the help you can get:

Now I don’t mean to take help from every person that comes ahead. But it’s best to offload a few tasks on friends/family. You need to remember that you just have 2 hands and hence you can’t do 5 tasks at once.

Hence do what you can and offload a few tasks so your planning timeline stays intact and you get more quiet time eventually.

4. Choose your quiet time:

This might sound a bit difficult but choosing your quiet time is important. You can watch a movie, go to the beach, chill, and do everything except talk about marriage.

What are my thoughts on Quiet time in Marriage planning?

It can get maddening as the days get close to the marriage date. Everyone will come to you with pending tasks and doubts. Doing everything and giving time to your partner might get difficult.

You might even argue often than before as temperatures flare and irritation arrives. Hence it’s important to find that quiet time where you both can just be yourselves and have a great time.

This is the 7th time I’m participating in the A to Z Challenge series. You can catch up with my posts from 2015 up to 2021 by CLICKING HERE