5 Things I Cannot Do Without

There are some things that are really important for us. I know for a fact that without my morning cup of tea, the day feels incomplete. Without hearing my partner’s voice, the afternoons and evenings don’t pass!

Like this, we all have certain things that we need no matter what time, place, or era we are living in. Hence I will list down some of the most important things that I just cannot do without. I’ll show you mine and you can show me yours!

Here’s my list of top 5 things I just cannot live without;

cannot do without books in life

1. Books:

You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child. – Dr. Seuss.

I cannot just live without em. I always have a book with me while traveling anywhere. It’s like therapy for the soul. Reading opens up horizons in your mind as no other thing can! Do you agree with me?

cannot do without internet in life

2. Internet:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.  –Andrew Brown

Yes, I admit it. We cannot live without the World Wide Web. It has got us entangled to the hilt. I need my daily dose of notifications from my Facebook timeline, twitter feed, Instagram, a few news updates too, and yeah, WhatsApp also! Although I can resist these things for a few days altogether, I cannot do it for a longer period.

cannot do without smartphones in life

3. Smartphone:

The smartphones and the computer separates everybody, makes you think that you don’t need anybody else. – Bootsy Collins

Yes, I am my smartphone’s slave. I wake up and the first thing I have to see is my phone. Whether it’s the day or night, sunny or rainy, hot breeze, or super cold wind, I just need my phone! The plus point is that I get to post a lot on my blog through my phone. It’s quite convenient and effective.

Home is important and the best thing in life

4. My Home:

The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned. – Maya Angelou

Home is where the heart is. The one place where we know we will be safe and sound. I agree that there is no better comfort than to just be at your home sweet home. You can go to Hawaii, grace the various treasured islands, live in castles and forts for a fortnight, but in the end, you’ll rest like a baby only when you’re home!

School friends are the best friends

5. My school friends:

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. – Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Yes, I know how this sounds but I’ve been in touch with 4 of my school friends and our friendship means a huge deal to me. It’s their sheer presence that is enough to drive out the stress I go through sometimes. The fun, the jokes, the moments; everything is like a prized possession of mine.

This post is written as a part of BlogChatter’s prompt “Five things I cannot do without!” To check more posts from this week’s prompt, CLICK HERE

Alternatively, you can also read a value post here – Watch 20+ News channels on 1 OTT platform.

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top