A is for Amritsari Kulcha – A to Z Challenge 2020

Go and try the kulchas from Bhai Kulwant Singh Kulchian Waale!

I heard this name at least 3-5 times within a day and that was enough for me to go and try it for breakfast. It wasn’t hard to spot them in the market area.

Why, you ask?

It’s simple. There was a huge crowd in that one store that made us realize this place is nothing less than an Amritsari kulcha hub. We checked their menu that had 4 options namely;

  • Aloo Kulcha
  • Gobi Kulcha
  • Paneer Kulcha
  • 4-Mix Kulcha

We opted for all the varieties! (It was drool-worthy, really!!)

The end result was – FANTASTIC!

The hype is real and they’re really good. In other words, if you ever happen to visit the Golden Temple in Amritsar or trying to Google search the best Amritsari kulcha near me, then do visit this store in the morning as it’s just a minute’s walk away from the Temple entrance.

What do you eat with Amritsari Kulcha?

Usually, one portion of the Kulcha will be served with chole & pickles! The kulchas are hot and you’ll be amazed by the taste. We definitely were!

In conclusion, I end this post asking you guys of the best Kulcha places that you’ve visited within India. Let’s comment below and share the best places so everyone can enjoy Kulchas all over the country!

Here’s where you can find them:

Place – Bhai Kulwant Singh Kulchian Waale

Address – Bazar Bikaneria, Near Golden Temple, Katra Ahluwalia, Amritsar, Punjab 143001.

Timings – 8 am to early afternoon

Pricing – 60-85 INR per Kulcha

A to Z Challenge 2020 -  A is for Amritsari Kulcha

My previous entries in #AtoZChallenge for the letter “A”

2015 – A is for Accite

2016 – A is for Aboulia & Abscission

2017 – A is for Absquatulate

2018 – A is for Ameliorate

2019 – A is for Addicted

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

6 thoughts on “A is for Amritsari Kulcha – A to Z Challenge 2020”

  1. Oh God! How I wish I was in Amritsar now having a bite of this. I had been to Amritsar twice and I’ve never missed this delicacy. Happy A to Z!

    1. Hey Shalini, Have you been to Amritsar? If no then please do so soon! These Kulchas are just too yummy.
      Happy A to Z!

  2. Yummm…your post and the image made me hungry. I feel like having Amritsari Kulcha and Pindi Chhole right now… but think, I will have to put my cravings on hold till the situation gets back to normal…

    1. You and me both! I too am craving for it now! Actually post the lockdown craving for a lot of food items! What about you?

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top