Letting your guard down!

Mike and Harvey had been colleagues for more than 5 years. They knew each other very well. After knowing each other for so long, Mike let his guard down and mentioned a secret to Harvey trusting him.

In less than 10 days, everyone in office got to know about it and that was disheartening for Mike. It wasn’t about the secret, it was about letting someone in and trusting him. That meant a lot for Mike. Harvey  never understood why it was such a big deal for Mike.
Fast forward, Mike could never let his guard down again. He could no longer trust anyone easily whether in office or his personal life. It would now take much more time for him to let someone in the circle and build trust.
What just happened?
Mike had issues trusting people because it was always broken. After being friends for more than 5 years, he let his guard down and spoke to Harvey things he never told anyone before. What happened next was that his trust was broken. That hurt him.
What could have been?
When people let their guard down, they are being vulnerable in front of you. They are baring their soul. The least you can do is being honored that they find you worthy of being trusted. You must build and protect the trust when others let’s their guard down. It’s something that is earned not given.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Continue Reading

Friends are good. Enemies are bad. Frenemies are…..?
Murphy and Raven have been good friends. Raven thinks Murphy is such a good friend and has always stood by her no matter what. Murphy on the other hand considers Raven sometimes as a friend and sometimes as an foe.
Raven is better than Murphy in studies. This made Murphy jealous of her and these led to arguments and these arguments turn into fights. Jealousy does that. Friends are friends for a while they can turn into an enemy the very next day.
Frenemies are worse than the enemies. As enemies are known but Frenemies are hard to identity.
This applies at work too. Even when co-employees are best friends, one getting promotion is not taken well by the other co-employee. The frenemy will  have a fake laugh during the celebration.
Friends are friends when they are equal. The moment one gets more successful professionally or more happy personally, not all can take it the right way. Friends get jealous and jealousy turns into making them frenemy. These frenemies will be happy in your sadness but pretend that they’re sad.
What just happened?
Friends turn into frenemies when they become selfish and personal needs and wants takes over the friendship. They can’t be happy for their friend’s success and they don’t want to be the one to adjust.
What could have happened?
Being happy in others happiness. Don’t compare your life with them, live the life together.  Everyone has a different chart to create and acquire. Compare your today with your yesterday, not with your friends today and tomorrow. Happy are those that have friends and near ones that celebrate each milestone you achieve.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Continue Reading

Bluff.

Barney and Robin had been friends for over a decade. Robin always had been the one speaking honestly and being truthful. Barney would manipulate as per situations and would find it tough to be honest about almost anything.

If Robin wants to go to a new restaurant and Barney doesn’t want to, he’d bluff her by mentioning that he’s already been to that place. The same applies to movies, random meetings and many more situations. On the other hand, Robin will always be honest. If she doesn’t want to meet because she wants to chill at home, then that’s what she will say.

What just happened?

This is a classic case of bluffing which will then turn into manipulating and lying in order to escape from every situation.

What could have been?

I’ve been on both ends and I can tell you that bluffing, lying and manipulating will bring Barney nothing. Only stress and tension. Being truthful like Robin however brings clarity. Yes, people won’t like your answer. They might feel like you are ignoring them and might even distance themselves from you.

But don’t you worry. The real ones will stick back. They’ll be annoyed but won’t leave your side. Being honest is a blessing to your mind. It helps you be positive, stay motivated and plan for the future.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 26
    26
    Shares