Why it’s important to have zero regrets before your Wedding day?

Z is for Zero Regrets

We’ve reached the last post in this A-Z journey of weddings.

Hence it feels apt to talk about the most important day of them all i.e. the wedding day!

So as your wedding day approaches, there are butterflies in your stomach, the stress in your head, and you might be too busy getting everything right for the main event.

But do you have any regret? Have you shared that with your partner?

If the answer is no, then I’m super happy for you and you have nothing to worry about.

But if the answer is yes, you might want to read the below points and find out what’s bothering you and why it’s important to share that with your partner before the wedding day itself.

Here are a few pointers that I believe can help you find that stress point.

1. Know what you’re getting into:

Please know what you’re getting into. Marriage is just not an event that you enjoy, click pictures and tata bye-bye. It’s a promise for a life together. Hence know your partner well and go ahead only after you believe it is the right thing to do.

This will help you in not having a surprising look one week post the wedding day!

2. Wedding expectations:

Whether it’s the same religion or an inter-caste wedding, every family or partner prefers having a few rituals or ceremonies.

wedding day

Both parties might not agree to this and hence it’s best to ensure wedding expectations are dealt with. Come to a common ground or state if you’re uncomfortable with any ritual. Your partner has the right to know.

3. Budget:

Let’s talk about the main agenda i.e. the budget. Most couples opt for 50-50 now and a few where one party pays for everything.

It’s best to have this discussion and clear everything. If things are left unsaid, these can crop up from time to time post the wedding in form of arguments.

4. Living alone or with family:

Another sensitive topic is living alone or with a family post marriage. Have you discussed it? No? Then it’s high time you do. It’s important to list the pros and cons of doing both. Discuss with your near ones, take their advice, and then make a mutual decision.

5. Financials:

Practically, this decision will help you both be well planned for your married life. Discussing financials for day-to-day and fixed monthly expenses helps you start saving in advance. This will ensure you are ready to start a life together without any money issues.

6. Transparent:

Be transparent with your partner as much as you can. If you have something that troubles you or if you’re not comfortable, your partner has the right to know. Being transparent will only help you be clear and there’ll be no friction.

What are my thoughts on zero regrets before the wedding day?

Wedding day is quite special and hence having zero regrets before the wedding will ensure that you enjoy it to the fullest. I believe it’s important that you stay as transparent with your partner as possible.

What do you think about this? Do share your views in the comment section below.

P.S – The banners and images used in this Blog are from my best friend Dean and Monisha’s wedding. While I did miss the registered marriage, I eagerly look forward to the reception and meeting them soon!

This is the 7th time I’ve completed the A to Z Challenge series. You can catch up with my old posts from 2015 up to 2021 by CLICKING HERE