P is for Paragnosia & Pantopragmatic – A to Z Challenge 2016

P is for Paragnosia which means Misunderstanding.

Paragnosia is 1 of my favorite words ever. Every other day someone misunderstands your words, your actions.

Paragnosia

If someone doesn’t message me, call me or talk to me much often that simply doesn’t mean that they don’t like me. They have an internal battle that doesn’t deal with you. Once they deal with it, they’ll be back to normal.

E.g. A girl had a bad break up. She has developed trust issues. Later on, when she dates someone else, the guy tries to win her confidence, buy her gifts, talk to her often, message her, and tries to make her trust him.

He feels it’s not working. He feels that either he isn’t doing enough or that she doesn’t trust him.

Wrong.

She had her own issues in the past. That has created a demon within her mind. She’s fighting it currently thus not being able to give the boy time and love. All the boy needs to do is give her support at this time. She’ll eventually overcome everything and all will be well.

Thus, there’s no need to misunderstand (Paragnosia).

P is for Pantopragmatic which means meddling in everybody’s business.

Now this is one heck of a word to talk about.

Minding your own business was an ancient concept which dates back to a few thousand years ago. Since then most of us humans can’t help but meddle in every other person’s business.

The need to know gives us a kick that satisfies god knows what internal urge. It’s rightly said that sometimes we derive solace and happiness watching other people’s misery. You see someone who is in even more deep shit than you and you feel… Life’s good.

Is this the right way of living?

For my last year’s entry for the letter “P” CLICK HERE

This post is written as a part of A-Z challenge 2016 where bloggers from all around the world will blog for the whole month, daily based on all the alphabets in chronological order.

7 thoughts on “P is for Paragnosia & Pantopragmatic – A to Z Challenge 2016”

  1. Pingback: P is for Pantopragmatic and Paragnosia – mpreviewsblog

  2. Two new words learnt today. Thanks. I know a few people like that. Busybodies. I know what to call them too now.

    Here from the A-Z, and wish you the very best for the rest of the challenge,

    Nilanjana
    Madly-in-Verse

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top