Sheesha Sky Lounge Juhu - The best sheesha restaurant in Mumbai

Sheesha Sky Lounge Juhu – The best sheesha restaurant in Mumbai

It’s been almost 10 months since I last wrote a review for a restaurant. Sheesha Sky Lounge in Juhu perhaps is the first place since lock down that I’ve visited for dine-in.

About the place – Sheesha Sky Lounge is a place for foodies who love lip-smacking food, sip some good cocktails, and smoke sheesha! They can seat up to 100 people that show how spacious the place is. This place has existed for a very long time and many consider this to be,

1. Top 10 restaurants in Mumbai for sheesha

2. The best sheesha restaurant in Mumbai

3. One of the most famous restaurant in Mumbai, and finally,

4. Perhaps one of the best restaurant in Mumbai for dinner.

Yes, the last one might confuse you but after reading my review, you’ll know why this is not just a sheesha place but is quite more than that.

Safety measures – The staff in this Sheesha Juhu restaurant wears masks, maintains distance, and they have a sanitizer on each table. The same applies to the Sheesha lounge in Veera Desai and Sheesha Bandra too.

Sheesha Sky Lounge Juhu Bandra Andheri

Apart from this, they have a huge space and ensure that not everyone gets cramped up. Each table has enough distance and hence you can also consider this to be one of the best restaurant in Mumbai for couples.

Location – It’s situated near Juhu Church and close to Juhu Beach. It’s a 10-15 minute rickshaw ride from both Andheri and Vile Parle station (depending on traffic).

Here’s what we tried on our visit to the best sheesha restaurant in Mumbai:

Mocktails – We had 3 cocktails namely – Spicy Guava, a Watermelon cooler, and Blue Lagoon. Out of these, I found the Spicy Guava to be an amazing drink. It packed a punch.

I will only recommend it for those who love spice and masala!If you’re looking for a tastier option, a watermelon cooler is perfect. For those who love a sweet mocktail, go for the blue lagoon.

You can also read – Kofuku Japanese Restaurant in Mumbai review

Food – We tried 2 appetizers and 2 mains:

Appetizers:

Gosht Barra Chaap – Perhaps the best choice came from the staff. We tried this variant that was well cooked, marinated with spices, and tastes so so good. It is not sweet at all and is good for those who love medium spicy meat appetizers.

Sheesha Sky Lounge Juhu - The best sheesha restaurant in Mumbai

Murgh Tangdi Kulfi Kebab – Chicken drumsticks are wrapped in silver foil, marinated with cheese, cream, and infused with black peppers. The result is a creamy, tasty chicken appetizer. Yes, this is not spicy at all and is more on the creamy and sweet side. But it is damn filling.

Mains:

Daal Fry – Daal has never felt so good. They’ve made it well and this was purely ordered as a companion to our main course in mutton. While we opted for the yellow daal, you can go for the Kaali daal as the staff recommends it.

Gosht Tawa Barra – This one’s a Lucknow special. Expect a thick gravy that includes minced lamb kebab, along with ginger, and other spices. This is not a sweet gravy but it tastes so good. You’ll surely love it.

For the mains, we tried both garlic and butter naan. Both were amazing and if you’re not a fan of naan, you can opt for rice variants like steam rice, jeera rice, pulao, etc.

Desserts – In desserts, they have just 2 options namely – Gulab Jamun and Phirni. Starting with the Jamun, it was hot, it was sweet, and yes it’s worth your money. Next up is Phirni which was mildly sweet, creamy, and the best I’ve had in a while. So if you love phirni, do not miss ordering it from here.

Sheesha Sky Lounge Juhu Bandra Andheri West
Sheesha Sky Lounge Juhu Bandra Andheri West

Sheesha – They have amazing sheesha that’s served as follows:

Happy Hours Price between 12 pm – 6 pm = 599 rupees (with taxes)

Price from 6 pm onward – 999 (with taxes)

Now you know why they are called as the best sheesha restaurant in Mumbai

My overall verdict:

The quality of food and mocktails is good. The staff is knowledgeable and is always waiting to give you the best of service. They also have good sheesha, and it’s a space for small and large groups alike. So head here and have a great time.

You can also follow me on my foodie journey on Zomato – Lanzomaniac

India China War

Book Review – Watershed 1967: India’s Forgotten Victory over China (India China War)

India China War.

These 3 words have been seen together for 50 years. Even in 2020, we now are witnessing a hostile environment between these 2 countries.

Since independence, many encounters have taken place like,

1. India China war in 1962

2. India China war 1965

3. India China War in 1967

4. Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 (China’s influence)

5. India China War 1987

So it came as a coincidence when I got an opportunity to review “Watershed 1967: India’s Forgotten Victory over China” by Probal Dasgupta.

What is Watershed 1967 all about?

Watershed 1967 is about a story that you might have not heard. There’s a lot that happened in 1967. India’s dominance and victory over their arch-rivals in this period were possible solely because of the actions of many brave-hearts.

Through this book, the author wishes to shed a spotlight on a story that every Indian will be proud of.

Watershed 1967 – Story:

The book is divided into 3 parts. Let me explain it to you in a precise manner.

Part 1 is all about India’s hostile relations with Pakistan from 1962-1965. China meddled in India’s affairs and it felt like India might have to face not 1 but 2 enemies. But India is considered to never attack first or make aggressive moves. What will they do this time?

Part 2 is about the battle in Nathu La and Cho La in Sikkim between India and China. The battle of 1967 is explained in a detailed manner. It shows how desperate China was to not let Sikkim be a part of India. The heroics of our army men will amaze you.

Part 3 is an epilogue post the war that shows relations between India and China from the 1967 war until 2020. Various encounters took place in this time and each snippet will make you realize how much less we know about the India China war.

You can also read – Best Selling eBooks you can buy for Amazon for FREE

My review of this book:

It’s surprising to read a story that I have no idea about. Yes, I’m amazed such events even took place and that the Indian Army was bad-ass back then as well. If you think the story of URI was inspiring, then my friend… you have no clue about the war of 1967.

There’s a lot of history at the start. It’s good to see the author give us a good look at India-China-Pakistan relations in the ‘60’s. You need to know every bit of information as one action leads to a reaction from the enemy.

These events shape up to wars that took place in 1962, 1965, and the final one in 1967. While many only remember China humiliating India in 1962, the wars in 1965 and 67 show India in a new avatar. The strategies, the moves, and every action were taken by the Indian Army left me struck in awe.

Who should read this book?

If you love to read about the Indian Army, India’s history with Pakistan and China, war stories, or have a genuine interest in a good story, this book is for you. It has everything right from good characters, a gripping story-line, and a jaw-dropping finale.

Who should avoid reading this book?

If you are looking for a fast-paced story-line, then this is not something I would recommend. The author explains every action in detail and hence it will take you time to digest every new piece of information. Also, if war stories do not interest you, you can avoid reading this.

Where can I find this book?

You can get this book online on Amazon in the form of Kindle Edition & Paperback

IPL 2021 MEGA AUCTION

Here’s the latest news on IPL 2021 Mega Auction and 9th Team

With the successful conclusion of IPL 2020 in UAE amid the COVID-19 challenge, all eyes are currently glued to the IPL mega auction that’s inclined to be held next year. Latest reports from BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) state that it’s likely to hold a mega IPL auction for the coming season.

The biggest talking point of this IPL 2021 Mega Auction is the possibility of a ninth team joining the league.

What will happen in IPL 2021 Mega Auction?

At mega auctions, each of the franchises has the decision to retain 3 important players and get “Right-To-Match” (RTM) choices for 2 players. But, there’s no clarity within the retention policy for this IPL 2021 mega auction.

Before, a few news reports asserted that every cricketer will return in the auction pool. Businesses might need to re-construct their teams from scratch. But that does not sound feasible since it will badly alter the brand worth of successful teams such as Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings.

9th team in IPL 2021 Mega Auction?

As mentioned earlier, the upcoming IPL 2021 mega auction is likely to add a ninth team. News reports claim that the team will probably be from Ahmadabad. “The Sardar Patel Stadium” will be their home ground.

It is known that some of the prominent business houses are enthusiastic about purchasing this new franchise. Unconfirmed reports said that Adani Group, possessed by Gautam Adani, could be one of the front-runners. But, there’s been no further update on this news.

After the IPL 2021 mega auction takes place, BCCI will soon release the latest IPL 2021 schedule.

IPL 2021 MEGA AUCTION

Top 5 incidents in IPL 2020 which will have an impact in IPL 2021:

IPL 13 gave us a great deal of drama, game-changing moments, and controversies. Let’s have a look at “Top Five Episodes in IPL 2020” that will have an impact in IPL 2021.

CSK lost its shine:

MS Dhoni’s team lost 8 out of 14 matches in IPL 2020. They also became the first team to bow out from the contest. Now, CSK will aim to reconstruct the group in the IPL 2021 Mega Auction since most of the players are aged 30 and above. Chennai’s plan is to invest in young blood and will want to shed their “Old men” tag. Hence, it’s possible that fans may see an entirely fresh CSK team in this upcoming cash-rich league.

You can also read – Dream11 wins the Title sponsor for IPL

Umpiring mistakes in IPL 2020:

We saw lots of umpiring mistakes in IPL 2020. The largest among this involved umpire Nitin Menon’s contentious ‘short-run’ in the game involving Kings XI Punjab and Delhi Capitals which finally cost KXIP a playoff berth.

KXIP management and several former players such as Virender Sehwag request for higher technical intervention for IPL 2021. BCCI is likely to pay heed and boost the utilization of technology to minimize human error in IPL 2021.

Absence of cricket fans in the stadium:

IPL 2020 in UAE was a mix of excitement, action, and fair-play but due to the pandemic, everyone missed the loud cheers of audiences in the stadiums and confidence-boosting atmosphere.

The governing council of IPL, including Sourav Ganguly, has taken note of this. Since IPL 2021 will take place in India, the committee is most likely to let fans within the stadium while following appropriate guidelines.

Chris Gayle benched for half IPL 2020:

KXIP benched Chris Gayle in the opening half of IPL 2020 even though he’s their best power-hitter. That turned out to be a massive mistake as they dropped six out of seven matches in his absence.

But, Gayle’s return swung luck in favor of the KL Rahul led team who left a late charge towards the playoffs with 5 wins out of 7 on the rebound.

You can also read – Win Real Money with these Fantasy cricket apps in India

Gayle was able to create a massive impact, scoring 288 runs, such as 3 fifties in just 7 games. The 41-year-old’s addition added firepower into the KXIP middle-order as he batted at No. 3 rather than his usual opener’s spot.

Benching the ‘Universe Boss’ was a huge error that franchises will not dare to replicate in IPL 2021, notably KXIP’s co-owner Ness Wadia who on Thursday affirmed that Gayle will begin from the 1st match in the 2021 season if he stays with Kings XI.

Therefore, franchises in IPL 2021 will not just select players on the grounds of the hefty price tags but will also eye to spend strategically and target cricketers that will provide huge returns without burning a hole in their pockets.