Do you know why couples have a first kiss during the wedding ceremony?

K is for First Kiss

In catholic marriages, most couples will do this during the wedding ceremony and/or at the wedding reception as well.

This ceremony has been on for decades and still continues to do so.

Why do they do that?

So who in history created this tradition that is followed to date?

As per history, the Romans used kisses as a way to seal a transaction. That’s the reason why we hear the term “sealed with a kiss”.

Some religions consider this to be important based on the theme “two become one”. Also, it’s considered as a first kiss post them being married.

first kiss

What are my thoughts on the first kiss?

I believe this moment during the wedding ceremony is symbolic. I remember some uncle telling me this. A few years down the line, when you feel that the love is not the same or is lost, you can rekindle that flame with a kiss.

At that very moment, you can remember how it felt like on the wedding day. This is what I had to share with you guys regarding this special moment the couple shares on their wedding day.

Have you been to weddings where you saw the married couple share a kiss? Was it a happy or awkward moment for you?

Also, do you think it’s okay to kiss during the wedding ceremony or not?

This is the 7th time I’m participating in the A to Z Challenge series. You can catch up with my posts from 2015 up to 2021 by CLICKING HERE