COVID-19 makes me Rhyme – Poetry by a Work from Home Human

Here’s an epic poetry by a simple Work from Home employee working from home due to COVID-19 lock down!

While gazing at the mirror, who wouldn’t even take my selfie… My belly had expanded, from unfit to a tellytubbie.

This is recent, let’s dwell on the recent past, Who would have known that this pandemic would last?

Life was like a dream when the news broke out all extreme. COVID – 19 was screening all over the world, like a never-ending meme.

We left from work today, not in the mood for any more sorrow. Did I hear that correctly? No traveling to work from tomorrow?

Then I remembered the wise old saying, “Leave your work in the office & don’t bring that burden home”. Well, he must be dreaming of a 2000 B.C., Because I was stuck in this technologically advanced dome.

Ring ring, bleep bleep is all I can now hear, Even a missed call rides itself in the topmost gear.

I want to love, but she’s stuck far far away… Wish I had learned instant transmission, the hurdles in miles I could slay.

People had disbelief, people have suffered. Employees are jobless, while some are cleaning their cupboard.

The air smells fresher, but the grocery lines are so much longer. Your doing has fuelled our inner worth, our weekend vibes is now an absconder.

So many lives you have taken, so much panic you have ferried, You turned them from life to ashes, some couldn’t even surround those being buried.

Travel vlogs are limited to one’s house, the dusty unused are seeing the brightness of May. Those smiling families sketched out in notebooks, are finally seeing the light of day.

Run …you coward, let your legs run on two or four, Run from reality, live in your immature.

You don’t second guess to destroy, even when we need none. I dreamed of being a masked superhero, but not like the current one.

Hey Corona…You are built to be invisible, from the depths of the unknown, You walk around like some tough meat, but one day your hideout shall be known.

Well drag you out together, from your creative abyss, That head we shall cut off, so that your poison does not ‘hisss’.

Poetry Composed and written (at Home) by Wedmer Picardo

About our Guest Author:

Wedmer, fondly known as Panda and also the guy who reaches office late regularly is one of the best poets I’ve ever known. When I asked him about how he began writing poetry, this is what he said:

“Composing poems is indeed an art that came naturally to me. I started off just to make fun of a female friend who used to ditch us at the ninth hour for any parties, outings, etc.

I am not proud of that first poetry, but as time went by, my vocab became stronger and poems became more interactive & these are opinions of others. I try to have humorous, realistic, and abstract tones, an all in one creative mess whenever I compose.”

You can reach out to him on the following channels for collaborations, guest posts, Food Tips on Instagram, and tips on how to always reach late to the office.

Poetry Author - Wedmer Picardo

You can also read – Unlock Netflix Secret Codes and Get 250+ Hidden categories for the Best Movies and TV Series

25 thoughts on “COVID-19 makes me Rhyme – Poetry by a Work from Home Human”

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Thank you Raju for taking the time out for reading. Yes, this poetry relates to every work from home employee who is struggling.

  1. Wow, that’s a really interesting compilation.
    Very well written and sentences rhyme really well giving the reader a feeling of hearing a versatile poet.
    COVID times bring out the artist in many and this guest post perhaps could be the catalyst for your own shift from prose to poetry too.
    Wishing you all the best for that too.

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Hi Sanjay,

      Thank you so much for the wise words.
      I always wanted to try poetry but never got through with it.
      My friend Wedmer though is one amazing poet. Hence we got this idea of getting him to center stage.
      I’m glad you could relate to this poem! We all have!

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Hi Afreen,

      Thank you so much. Wedmer indeed has done an amazing job. I loved the poem and as a work from home employee, understand this 100% to be true.

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Hi Raksha,
      I’m glad you aren’t struggling.
      We surely are! I’m glad you liked the poem.

  2. That’s a well written poem. I can relate to it totally. Indeed these are testing times. We all must stay positive and hopeful for the new beginnings

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Hey Nidhi, it’s also the first poem on my blog and there would be no one better than a friend to help me out in such times! It’s so relatable!

  3. Pingback: M is for Mentatiferous (Telepathic) & Metachronism - A to Z Challenge 2016

  4. Very beautifully crafted the insights and the gesture that is been really served by this covid 19. The emotion I felt most by reading is – seperation. But, well penned👍

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Hey Zahra. Thank you for reading. Yes, the emotions are pretty raw in this form. I’m glad you liked it.

  5. Rakesh mishra

    This is really superb poem, liked it very much, great creativity brother. You described the situation these days.
    Your all blogs are awesome.

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top