Addicted.

Mary just couldn’t understand why her son Dean has to always have his eyes glued to his smart phone. She always thought a smart phone was supposed to make life easier but in her son’s case, it seems he is addicted to it.

Dean on the other hand loves playing games, streaming YouTube videos, being online throughout the day. So much that he forgets even the regular errands he has.

On another regular weekend, Mary had asked Dean to get some medicines for her as she had a throbbing headache which just wouldn’t leave her. As usual, Dean forgot as he got immersed watching another episode on Netflix. By the time he realized what had happened, he heard his Mother say ” I have no hope in you. I don’t need your help anymore”.

What just happened?

A mother got her heart broken as she expected her son to choose her health over his smart phone. The son on the other hand really wanted to help but forgot as his show on Netflix became more important.

What could have been?

It’s tough but for once, Dean could keep his phone aside and talk to his Mom. So much can happen when we just talk no? Help her with the dishes once, get her medicines, give her a call randomly once a day asking her if she is okay or she needs something?

Mothers don’t ask for more. Can’t we give them little attention?

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 5
    5
    Shares