Yogurt Recipe in India

Y is for Yogurt – A to Z Challenge 2020

Also called as Yoghurt or Yoghourt, this food is more than 5000+ years old and has been part of famous rulers & monarchs diet.

Throughout its history, this ancient food has been associated with good health benefits. This calcium-rich food tastes well and today can be found in a variety of flavors.

Is it OK to eat yogurt every day?

Yogurt and Curd are some of the best sources of probiotics, protein, and calcium. If consumed in small portions, it can help improve the immune system and reduce inflammation. Remember, having more of anything can be harmful to your health.

Is yogurt good for weight loss?

Yogurt throughout history is known to promote weight loss and burn fat. This calcium-rich food should be part of your diet if you wish to get fit and burn that belly fat.

What is the best time to eat yogurt?

You can opt to have this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The reason we say so is that the good bacteria in this food will help you effectively maintain digestion. So before you begin your breakfast, do try yogurt.

Order Yogurt Online:

You can also order this amazing food online from the following places:

Nature’s Basket

Big Basket

Yogurt or Curd Recipe for home:

You will be surprised by the recipes that can be created using curd. It took a while but I have some kick-ass recipes for you by Veg Recipes of India. There are more than 20+ recipes in the above-mentioned link. I hope you have fun recreating this. I’m highlighting a few of my favorites.

Punjabi Kadhi Pakora

Thayir Sadam Rice

Buttermilk Rasam

9 Unique Chaat Recipes

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Xacuti Chicken

X is for Xacuti – A to Z Challenge 2020

Xacuti, Chacuti, or Sagoti! No matter what you call this spicy curry, it indeed is a treat to your taste buds.

Xacuti Chicken is one of the most famous curries in Goa. It is created using white poppy seeds, tamarind, chili, and many more ingredients.

Where can I find the best Xacuti in Goa?

You can find this special Goan curry at high-end restaurants, & shacks at beaches all over Goa. But if you wish to know the best place for Xacuti, then it will be the home-cooked version. The traditional xacuti will taste the best when cooked at home. Locals create this curry to perfection and you would love the taste too.

Chicken Xacuti recipe:

If you are looking to create this authentic Goan curry, then I shall help in whatever ways I can. Here are recipe options for this Goan special in vegetarian and non-vegetarian. I have chosen meats like Chicken, Mutton, Prawns, & Crabs. In vegetarian, you can check the mushroom recipe in Hindi, & English.

Mushroom – Flavors of Mumbai

Mushroom (Hindi) – Archana’s Kitchen

Chicken – Living Foodz

Chicken (Hindi) – Cook Pad

Mutton – Goan food recipes

Prawns – Hungry Forever

Crab – Sarah Todd

I hope you have a good time recreating this special spicy Goan curry.

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Watermelon

W is for Watermelon – A to Z Challenge 2020

Watermelon is more than 5000+ years old!

I looked up its history that predates a long time ago. If you’ve read the catholic BIBLE, this fruit has been mentioned more than once! Quite historic, don’t you think?

What are the benefits of eating watermelon?

There are multiple benefits. I’m listing down 5 major benefits below;

For those who don’t know, this fruit is 90%+ water. So eating this lets you STAY HYDRATED.

You end up consuming LOW CALORIES and end up feeling full.

It contains nutrients like VITAMINS A, B, C, D, Potassium, & Magnesium. Most of these vitamins are good for your SKIN & HAIR.

Few of its compounds can help LOWER RISK OF CANCER.

Lifestyle wise, this fruit reduces blood pressure, & cholesterol levels. This improves your HEART HEALTH.

If you wish to learn more about health benefits & risk factors do check out Live Science.

When should you not eat watermelon?

If possible, try avoiding this fruit post-dinner. It might cause an acidic reaction and delay your digestion process while you sleep. As much as possible, eat this during the day.

Is it OK to eat watermelon every day?

When you have more of anything, it can affect your health. Most of the sweetness comes naturally from watermelon. So if you eat more of this fruit, over time it can increase the sugar content & lycopene in your body. This can cause nausea, diarrhea, indigestion, and the feeling of bloating.

What can be made with watermelon?

There are so many recipe ideas that you can try while practicing social distancing at home. Listing down some of my favorites from Archana’s Kitchen:

Pizza Recipe (English) – Click Here

Spiced Curry with Carrot & Peppers (English) – Click Here

Corn Salad Recipe (Hindi) – Click Here

Rasam Recipe (English) – Click Here

Please Note – Watermelon is the main ingredient in all the above recipes.

Watermelon also happens to help in losing weight and is the best food to have in your diet. If you wish to burn excess fat and eat right, Check out Alpana’s post that would help you with 5 good exercises.