365 Days of Writing – Might As Well Jump…

 I’ve always been good in a team.
Being a team player is what defines my comfort zone.
If i had to initiate something, that would clearly freak me out.

Yes, Leading from the front, is what looks good to me in stories, what i dream of doing some day, but i develop cold feet when it comes to the task.

It’s not that i haven’t tried, i have led some time and the results have been a bit favorable and sometimes not.

But i guess, i was afraid of the risk of failing, failing to live up to the expectations, too.

Now i feel it’s high time that i stop myself.
If i have to take the risk and lead a team, the only thing keeping my hopes high would be my team-mates whom i know.
But that’s wrong nah?
I wont get the same set of people to work with, there will be new faces.
I just can’t reason out myself from that situation.

Thus i finally feel it’s better to take the step and do what i can do, to my best.
Like other tasks in life, which i learnt only after falling and trying harder after each fall, I’m sure one day i might become a good leader too.

This post is part of the 365 days of writing prompts by Word press Editors

June 18 – Might as well jump:
What’s the biggest risk you’d like to take — but haven’t been able to?
What would have to happen to make you comfortable taking it?

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top