D is for Deadlines – A2Z Challenge 2019

Deadlines.

Working for a Telecom company in the accounts team was the dream for Sam. After a few months, this bubble burst and he realized the only statement that matter the most was “Meet the deadline”.

He knew Bobby, his boss would be really upset and would torture him in ways unimaginable to make him feel bad about it. For Sam, Bobby was nothing but a dream sucking demon who only knows how to crush dreams of newcomers like him.

One evening, the clock struck at 9 which was way late for people working in this office. Sam had a deadline and knew if the work wasn’t done, he’d be thrown out of the company. Bobby passed by his desk and looked at a worried Sam who almost would cry any moment.

“Go home…. Do it tomorrow”

These words came to Sam as a shock more than any other moment in the world. Confused, he did leave for the night but couldn’t understand what made Bobby say those words. Was he actually a good human being who did have a heart OR was he going to fire him the very next day!

What just happened?

Sam was more worried to finish the work to escape the abuses rather than investing his time smartly to meet the deadline.

What could have happened?

I’ve been given golden advice in moments like these, “Plan your work, list them down, prioritize them and work smartly”. That’s all you need. I’ve been in Sam’s shoes. But my Bobby was the best teacher I could ever wish for!

I wish the same for you all!

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 21
    21
    Shares

You might also like

6 thoughts on “D is for Deadlines – A2Z Challenge 2019”

Leave a Reply