A is for Addicted – A2Z Challenge 2019

Addiction is the first post in the series of the A to Z challenge!

Addicted.

Mary just couldn’t understand why her son Dean has to always have his eyes glued to his smart phone. She always thought a smart phone was supposed to make life easier but in her son’s case, it seems he got addicted to it.

Dean on the other hand loves playing games, streaming YouTube videos, being online throughout the day. So much that he forgets even the regular errands he has.

On another regular weekend, Mary had asked Dean to get some medicines for her as she had a throbbing headache which just wouldn’t leave her. As usual, Dean forgot as he got immersed watching another episode on Netflix. By the time he realized what had happened, he heard his Mother say ” I have no hope in you. I don’t need your help anymore”.

What just happened?

A mother got her heart broken as she expected her son to choose her health over his smart phone. The son on the other hand really wanted to help but forgot as his show on Netflix became more important.

What could have been?

It’s tough but for once, Dean could keep his phone aside and talk to his Mom. So much can happen when we just talk no? Help her with the dishes once, get her medicines, give her a call randomly once a day asking her if she is okay or she needs something?

Mothers don’t ask for more. Can’t we give them little attention?

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

The one with the Longest Pending Meeting

The One With The Longest Pending Meeting

Longest Pending meeting is one of the most epic Friendship stories ever!

Overall:

I like my life.

I’ve seen a fair share of moments; both good and small.

I enjoy the little moments and little things that people do for me.

It gives me joy and happiness knowing that somewhere, I’m loved.

2018 (January to August):

But that’s not how this year began for me in 2018.

2018 began with a bang for me when I left my job in the field of finance after 3 long years for good. Content writing was my calling and I was going to pursue it. (Copy that!)

Then after 1 month of being jobless, I got the luxury of going for a family trip abroad with my parents. That was one priceless month.

Post the trip there were 3 months of joblessness with my parents worried for me, friends looking to endorse and suggest my name for interviews.

Getting a good night’s sleep was not at all available. I still went through that sleepless and tension phase which never let me sleep in peace.

At the end of May, I got my first break in content writing. Ever since then I’ve been happy. I keep writing, go home on time and smile more often for the past 3 months.

September:

September began too with a bang!

One of my oldest school friends surprised us by flying down from the USA for his brother’s engagement.

I was the first one to know and one by one, everyone was given a separate surprise. This was the first time in 2.5 years that we all were together in one city.

This image was clicked during the engagement party and I must tell you that the moment here is priceless and I’m going to cherish it for a very long time!

Longest pending meeting between friends

With this, I request you to share a moment in this year which was the best so far post the longest pending meeting.

Let’s share the happiness with all!

I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. Do follow the hashtag #WritingsByLancelot and #ReadWithLancelot to be part of my journey.

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Don't Do It

Just Because you Can…. Don’t Do It!

Don’t do it! An ode to a dream that opened my eyes!

On this Sunday morning, I woke up to a dream where I did something which was surprising. I don’t remember the backdrop or even the people in it. All I remember is fighting with one of my friends. There are some people in the background whose faces I fail to recollect now.

We are arguing over something very petty but things get heated. While fighting he reminds me of something bad I did earlier. That hurts! I too can do the same and dig up some dirt of his past and put it up on display in front of everyone. But I don’t.

Why did I not do that?

This is the thought I woke up to. There are so many ways I could have humiliated him. There were so many things I could have told to make him shut his mouth and sulk in one corner. There was a lot I could do. But I didn’t. There is just one answer to it. The answer is “I chose to look at the argument more than my anger“.

Yes, my near and dear ones know that I get angry very quickly. The slightest hint of conflict makes me uncomfortable. I don’t think positively and things don’t go right. But recently I’ve begun doing a simple task… “Listening”. I realized that if I don’t do it, then it’s time to listen.

Yes, please try this. 95% of your conflicts and anger issues and even over thinking ends the minute you begin to listen. There are so many moments where just because I waited patiently and listened, everything fell into place without any negativity.

What is this “Listening”?

The listening here is to understand the situation and then find the solution. You don’t have to find something hurtful to say back always. Just because you know you can;

  • Win the argument
  • You have the gun
  • You have the ace in the pack

That doesn’t mean you need to use it. Don’t do it! Sometimes being silent and thinking calmly can avoid a catastrophe. Now mind you, I’m not talking about every situation. The situation here is about a normal or petty argument that elevates to a heated argument. Usually, it can end well when at least one party thinks calmly. If not, then just because of a petty argument turning wild, relationships crack, friendships break and you become a wreck on a wreck.

There are a few people I adore in my life during my college years. When in an argument I spoke some hurtful things, they kept silent until I was done barking. Once I turned silent, they’d explain themselves. It made sense to me and I’d apologize to them. Then I would feel shitty about how I treated them.

In some ways, I have tried to be a better person since them and always think about the other person and their situation before drawing a conclusion. It’s a work in progress but I’m sure to be a better person someday!