I is for Insecure – A2Z Challenge 2019

Schmidt looks at an image captured 5 years ago where he stood with his best friend Nick.

Nicholas and Schmidt had been friends since high school. At that time, Schmidt weighed over 250 pounds. Nicholas was an average 175 pounds.

Because of Schmidt being obese, he had a rough childhood. He was constantly bullied, teased, made fun of. Going to college was a battle which he would fight each day. At home, his parents worried about his weight and so did anyone who knew him. But not Nick.

Nick always saw the best in him. He always knew Schmidt was good and would silence everyone someday! Schmidt wondered what was so special that Nick saw in him but couldn’t understand.

Over the years, whatever hurdle came in front of Schmidt, Nick was there. With such strong belief, Schmidt began believing in himself. He worked out, he got fit and the new Schmidt was born.

What just happened?

Insecurity is everywhere. You might not know but even the strongest of us can be anxious or not confident about our own looks, the way we carry ourselves, the way people will judge us and a lot more. Schmidt was lucky that Nick was there for him. There are many Schmidt’s who don’t have anyone.

What could have been?

You can stop judging people. Everyone is fighting their own battle. They are minding it on their own. Don’t increase their burden.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

1 thought on “I is for Insecure – A2Z Challenge 2019”

  1. Pingback: I is for Idli - A to Z Challenge 2020 - Lance Quadras - One Mind, A Million Thoughts..

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top