Indian Super League 2014

The Indian Super League made its debut last night in Kolkata, India.

This soccer tournament has been long awaited if you took a poll of soccer enthusiasts all over India.

For years, we Indians have always followed the top leagues in Europe, never having any team from our own soil to pledge our support.

But now, times have changed.

Last night, post the opening, and the first match i.e. between Atletico De Kolkata & Mumbai City FC there were around 50k tweets.

That’s what I call an impact.

Kokata emerged victorious thrashing Mumbai by 3 goals to nil.

Even though I’m a Mumbai supporter, I loved the game.

The fact that I can finally go and enjoy a league game in my city gives me immense pleasure!!

Will surely upload the pics when I do watch a game.

For now, here are some pictures from last night’s opening ceremony and the match.

Enjoy.

1
This is how the opening ceremony looked like from up top. What a sight, i tell you..!!

2
Now what’s an opening ceremony without any fireworks!! Right??

3
Ok, some more fireworks. Wish i was on the pitch watching it unfold in front of me. 🙂

4
Talented performers graced the event with their acts. 🙂

5
Seems like football fever has hit our performers too.. 😛

7
I really have no words for this picture, the walk, the fans, aahhh, we have waited too long for this…!!

6
The prized possession i.e. the trophy for the winning club was on display.

8
Fikru Teffera from Atletico, scored the first goal in the history of the ISL. That’s his celebration!!

Atletico kept dominating the match, and Mumbai tried their best but were simply outclassed.

15
That’s how it all unfolded on the opening day!! Final Score ATK 3 – 0 MCFC

This post is  also part of Day 13of The Ultimate Blog Challenge

wpid-images.jpg

[...]

The Last Penalty

It could have been the last penalty
Fortunes were at stake.
Everything would change in one moment
And that moment would be decided by a KICK.
For it wasn’t a normal penalty
As it could have been the last one.

The crowd roared like never before

Their hearts entwined with each step JARA took.
When he stepped up to the spot
He must have felt the world at his feet.
For it wasn’t a normal penalty
As it could have been the last one.
To know that he held his team’s fate in his own hands
Would have been a pressure too tremendous to handle.
For it wasn’t a normal penalty
As it could have been the last one.
He took his chance.
But it wasn’t his best day.
He missed it.
And that sealed it.
For it wasn’t a normal penalty
As it could have been the last one.
Now he will bear a burden.
The one which he ain’t completely responsible of.
As he will always think, it could have been better
Had he taken his team through?
That feeling of emptiness inside him
Will always make him feel incomplete,