Dead And Alive

There are moments when you feel like life is a hammer and it hits you right on your face.

At that moment you feel like you are dying.

You feel suffocated.

You feel like you have swallowed your tongue.

Your possibility of breathing has been compromised due to this action.

You can’t breathe.

This is what happened to “Oleg Gusev” captain of Dynamo Kiev football club during a match this season.

The match was between FC Dynamo Kiev and Dnipro FC.

During one such attack, when Gusev used his head to score a goal, it unfortunately connected with Dnipro’s keeper’s knee.

That blow knocked him out cold.

Within a matter of 3 seconds, the nearest player i.e. Dnipro’s captain Jaba Kankava rushes to his aid, opens his mouth, removes his tongue out so he can breathe easily.

All this happened very quickly. Here is the video.

I salute his effort and his quick reactive skills. According to the medics, little bit of delay and there was a chance of losing him.

I saw this video trending on Facebook some days back. Thought about sharing it with you guys.

That said, such incidents act like a reminder to the world famous one liner on life i.e. “Life Is Short”.

Yes, life is short, and if we live regretting moments and fill negativity, trust me that won’t fulfill your purpose of living.

Being happy with what you have, the people around you and that will be something worth living for.

Have you witnessed such live saving/changing situations. If yes, do share with me your story too.

Indian Super League 2014

The Indian Super League made its debut last night in Kolkata, India.

This soccer tournament has been long awaited if you took a poll of soccer enthusiasts all over India.

For years, we Indians have always followed the top leagues in Europe, never having any team from our own soil to pledge our support.

But now, times have changed.

Last night, post the opening, and the first match i.e. between Atletico De Kolkata & Mumbai City FC there were around 50k tweets.

That’s what I call an impact.

Kokata emerged victorious thrashing Mumbai by 3 goals to nil.

Even though I’m a Mumbai supporter, I loved the game.

The fact that I can finally go and enjoy a league game in my city gives me immense pleasure!!

Will surely upload the pics when I do watch a game.

For now, here are some pictures from last night’s opening ceremony and the match.

Enjoy.

1
This is how the opening ceremony looked like from up top. What a sight, i tell you..!!

2
Now what’s an opening ceremony without any fireworks!! Right??

3
Ok, some more fireworks. Wish i was on the pitch watching it unfold in front of me. 🙂

4
Talented performers graced the event with their acts. 🙂

5
Seems like football fever has hit our performers too.. 😛

7
I really have no words for this picture, the walk, the fans, aahhh, we have waited too long for this…!!

6
The prized possession i.e. the trophy for the winning club was on display.

8
Fikru Teffera from Atletico, scored the first goal in the history of the ISL. That’s his celebration!!

Atletico kept dominating the match, and Mumbai tried their best but were simply outclassed.

15
That’s how it all unfolded on the opening day!! Final Score ATK 3 – 0 MCFC

This post is  also part of Day 13of The Ultimate Blog Challenge

wpid-images.jpg