I’m surprised to say that I’ve started getting fond of fabric.
Yes, I’m the same person who’ll go clothes shopping once a year and pick up stuff that’s on sale. Also, my fashion sense is as good as Mumbai Rains (completely unpredictable).
Most credit goes to my partner who loves fabric. For quite some time, I’ve gone fabric shopping with her. Slowly, I have gotten used to it.
Now we have man-made fabrics such as Nylon, Acrylic, Digital Print Fabric, that are looking to break technological boundaries.
That’s when I dug up some information about fabrics which did shock me. The fabric has been with us for over 100,000 years. Earlier, creating fabrics was via renewable and natural resources only.
The future of fabric is amazing. There might be a time where fabrics can light up and change color. Some might react to light, heat, sound, etc. There’s so much that is possible.
What are the types of fabric?
If you wish to understand which fabric is best, let’s check out the various types that exist today.
1) Plain/Dyed: Cotton, Denim, Chanderi, Neon, Raw silk, Velvet, etc.
2) Design/Pattern: Stripes, Animal, Patola, Polka dots, Floral, Ethnic, etc.
3) Indian crafts: Banarasi, Handloom, Tie & Dye, Bandhani, Kalamkari, Monochrome, etc.
4) Embroidery: Sequin, Georgette, Velvet, Lucknowi, Swarovski, Foil print, etc.
5) Pleated: Plain and Printed
6) Dyeable: Cotton RFD & Viscose RFD
7) Printed: Satin, Pashmina, Art Khadi, Uppada Silk, Mul Mul, Maheshwari Silk, etc.
8) Organic: Manufacturing of Natural fabric using organic production systems.
9) Digital: Print designs on fabric using a digital textile printer.
You can also read – 5 Best Ways a couple can decide on wedding dresses
What is Digital print fabric?
As mentioned above, a digital textile printer works like your home printer. The only difference is that it prints on fabric. There are some amazing designs we recently checked out. I’m sure anyone would like to have these designs in their wardrobe.
What is the Top 5 Digital Print Fabric in India?
I like digital print fabrics. The look and feel of it differ from all the other fabrics. Hence I’ll share my list of the Top 5 Digital Print Fabric.
1) Fruit Pattern–Lycra: If you like fruits, then you’ll surely like this pattern. The fabric is durable, and the pattern is fascinating.
2) Gamthi Pattern–Booti Japan Satin: Gamthi print inspired by the Gaam village (known for its heavy embroidery). The design looks too real and is actually just a print version.
3) Christmas Pattern–Japan Satin: Celebrate Christmas in style with this japan satin print that adds a shine to your outfit.
4) Green & Pink leaf pattern–Elegant blend Pashmina: Get the soft and warm feel of Pashmina with this amazing design!
5) Newspaper pattern–Poly Rayon: Enjoy the old-school vibes with this special poly rayon combination for the newspaper print collection.
Which is the best place to visit for fabric online shopping?
If you want to find some unique and innovative designs like the ones above, then Fabcurate is the right place. Fabcurate is the best fabric store online where you can find multiple designs for multiple types of fabric.
I like their digital print fabric section. The designs here are too good and if getting them will surely amp up your look & style. You can visit them and look for other fabric options as well.