The Only Korean Drama List you will ever need – 29 Binge worthy series

Lately, Korean Drama, also known as K-Drama has been trending worldwide with the audiences.

With unique story-lines and fresh content, we have been seeing the best Korean drama series being launched whether it’s romance, thriller, action, etc.

Also, with multiple OTT subscriptions available at our disposal, I have crafted a unique list where you will get the best of Korean drama that has been released since 2013 onward.

Note: This Korean Drama List has 29 Korean drama best series that has a minimum rating of 7.5 on IMDB with 1000+ votes.

1. The Heirs (2013) – Rated 7.5 with 6900+ votes

Our first entry on this list is “The Heirs”. The story deals with a group of privileged and rich high school students. It’s a story that’s filled with drama, doubts on self-identity, wealth, and relationships.

2. Healer (2014) – Rated 8.5 with 5300+ votes

“The Healer” is an out-and-out crime and mystery series that starts with a unique group. This group includes a reporter, a famous journalist, and a mysterious guy known as “Healer”. He has amazing fighting skills.

3. Reply 1988 (2015) – Rated 9.0 with 2800+ votes

“Reply 1988” is a story that will remind you of your youth and get you all nostalgic. The story revolves around five childhood friends and their families that live in one neighborhood. Get ready to witness teenage life and the importance of families in this Korean drama high school story!

4. Descendants of the Sun (2016) –Rated 8.3 with 8200+ votes

“Descendants of the Sun” is a love story between a surgeon and an officer from the “Special Forces”. Quite a fascinating mix of professions this couple has, don’t you think?

5. Legend of the Blue Sea (2016) – Rated 8.1 with 4900+ votes

Let’s bring in a “fantasy romance” story. This love story is special as it’s between a con artist and a mermaid. Watch them meet and fall in love!

You can also read – Watch these Top 30 Halloween Movies on Disney, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu

6. The K2 (2016) – Rated 7.8 with 3100+ votes

What happens when a former mercenary soldier becomes a bodyguard of the presidential candidate’s wife? There’s bound to be chaos and madness.

7. Goblin – Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016) – Rated 8.6 with 10200+ votes

Goblin is one of the Top 5 all-time highest-rated Korean Drama and the best romantic Korean drama of a modern-day Goblin who wants to end his cursed immortal life. To do so, he would need a human bride!

8. Stranger (2017) – Rated 8.6 with 4600+ votes

Let’s bring some crime dramas here. The story revolves around a policeman’s death that has been ruled as a suicide. Watch it as the case gets re-investigated and the findings get weirder!

9. Mr. Sunshine (2018) – Rated 8.8 with 3800+ votes

Mr. Sunshine is the story of a poor boy, born in a servant’s family and grows to become an American Military Officer. This is not just a story about war but also about his love story too.

10. Sky Castle (2018) – Rated 8.7 with 1300+ votes

K-Drama has some of the best satirical content. Sky Castle is one of them. This story is about 4 housewives that reside in an exclusive residential area named “Sky Castle”. This story is about love for their children, working for their future, and being too ambitious.

You can also read – Netflix Secret Codes can unlock over 250+ Hidden Categories of Movies and TV Series

11. Memories of the Alhambra (2018) – Rated 7.9 with 3100+ votes

This is one unique story. An Investment firm executive travels to Granada, Spain to find the creator of one of the best Augmented Reality games! There he stumbles upon a woman who runs the hostel where he stays. How will their stories entwine?

12. Vagabond (2019) – Rated 8.3 with 3200+ votes

Vagabond is a story about a stunt man who’s broken because his nephew died in a plane crash along with 200+ civilians. He’s not convinced about the crash and starts his investigation. His findings can ruin some big people? Will he find out the culprits?

13. Kingdom (2019) – Rated 8.4 with 27400+ votes

Considered as the best Korean drama on Netflix, Kingdom is one of the fan favorites and is very popular too. It’s a fantasy story about a Kingdom where rumors spread about the King being ill and a mysterious plague that might ruin their village. This is a series that you must not miss.

14. One Spring Night (2019) – Rated 7.9 with 1100+ votes

Let’s bring in a typical love story. Boy loves girl and girl loves boy. But families aren’t ready for this relationship. Will they overcome every obstacle and get together? Let’s find out.

15. Strangers from Hell (2019) – Rated 7.9 with 1200+ votes

This Korean drama 2019 series will give you the creeps. The main lead moves to the countryside for a job and lives in an affordable apartment. While he lives there, weird things start happening. The villain is a dentist by day and serial killer by night. So get ready to watch as this suspense unfolds.

16. Crash landing on you (2019) – Rated 8.7 with 9600+ votes

Crash Landing is a fairy-tale romance between a North Korean military officer and a South Korean heiress. You can only imagine the fireworks in this love story that spans between both nations.

Any Korean Drama list is incomplete without such a story, don’t you think?

17. Romance is a Bonus Book (2019) – Rated 8.1 with 2500+ votes

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a story about a girl who lies her way to get a job. She then falls for her Boss and they both start falling in love. Get ready to witness a cute and chaotic love story.

18. Touch Your Heart (2019) – Rated 7.6 with 1300+ votes

The storyline revolves around a top tier law firm. Here, you will find a washed-up actress working as a secretary for a cranky attorney. Get ready to watch law and love walk together.

19. Arthdal Chronicles (2019) – Rated 8.4 with 2300+ votes

Arthdal Chronicles is an epic mythical story revolving around power struggles. It’s considered as one of the most unique K-Dramas due to its epic storyline.

20. Hotel Del Luna (2019) – Rated 8.3 with 2800+ votes

Del Luna is a hotel for ghosts and is run by ghosts too. Yes, these ghosts are stuck between life and after-life. It’s going to be a spooky affair right from the first until the last episode.

21. Itaewon Class (2020) – Rated 8.2 with 4700+ votes

Itaewon class is a series that displays the story of a convict released from jail who opens up a restaurant in Itaewon. Here’s to a life post being in prison. This Korean drama 2020 series will make you feel happy.

22. It’s Okay to Not Be Okay (2020) – Rated 8.8 with 6700+ votes

This series is about a caretaker at a psychiatric ward & a children’s book writer. How their lives get entangled professionally & personally forms the crux of this series.

23. A World of Married Couple (2020) – Rated 8.1 with 1200+ votes

Infidelity can have after-effects that range from bad to extreme. In this story, a doctor finds out her husband has been cheating on her. She then decides to exact revenge. The whole series will show both husband and wife trying to get revenge on each other.

24. Hospital Playlist (2020) – Rated 8.7 with 1300+ votes

Hospital Playlist is a story about 5 doctors who have been friends since med school. They not only share their profession but also their love for music and then form a band!

You can also check out – Lanzomaniac on Instagram

25. My Holo Love (2020) – Rated 7.7 with 1000+ votes

My Holo Love will show you the after-effects of Aphasia. The lead actor finds it difficult to communicate and starts losing her ability to recognize faces. Her social life gets affected. Will she get better?

26. The King: Eternal Monarch (2020) – Rated 8.3 with 4400+ votes

I can easily tell you this is one amazing series that you cannot miss. It’s about a Korean emperor who uses a mysterious portal and reaches a parallel world where he encounters a police detective.

27. Extracurricular (2020) – Rated 7.7 with 1200+ votes

Extracurricular is a story about a high school student who also is involved in criminal activities. Life gets difficult when a certain classmate takes interest in his criminal secret.

Consolation series:

This Korean Drama list has 27 series that met our set criteria.

While the below 2 series did not meet my criteria, their plot was amazing and hence I’ll share them with you. The stories are unique and you’ll surely love it.

28. Mystic Pop-up Bar (2020) – Rated 8.1 with 800+ votes

Mystic Pop-Up Bar is the story of a young man who has a unique ability. He works at a centuries-old bar where the owner resolves her customer’s emotional problems by entering their dreams. Isn’t that unique?

29. Start-Up (2020) – Rated 8.9 with 300+ votes

Finally, Start-Up is a story about young entrepreneurs who aspire to launch virtual dreams into reality. Watch the completion in this industry.

I sincerely hope that this Korean Drama list helps you find the top-rated K-Drama series.

You can enjoy different story-lines, watch Korean drama with English subtitles on various OTT platforms, and enjoy. Let me know if you have already watched any series and what is your review about it.

22 thoughts on “The Only Korean Drama List you will ever need – 29 Binge worthy series”

  1. We have watched some really gripping Korean series. They have unusual plots and are fun to watch. You have curated an excellent list which will help us zero in on some good Korean series.

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      I do agree with you. The Korean series was something I never even looked at. Now that I know about them, I keep exploring new series!

  2. Wow, I never thought Koreans have so many good series. Though few of their movies have garnered international interest,like Train to Busan or Parasite. I will definitely check out few of these series from the list.

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Hey Ramya, some of their series have been created with such detail that one can only be amazed. You must check out Kingdom if you’re looking to start with a series!

  3. Thanks for sharing these amazing Korean Drama tv series list. Recently I completed Vagabond and I just loved that one. Bookmarking this post will try to watch all of them.

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Hey, Vagabond is amazing. I would like to suggest “Kingdom”. It’s an amazing series and you’ll like it!

  4. My best friend loves Korean series, I am sure she will love this. I have already shared this post with her. She keeps talking to me about various series that she has watched so far. Thanks for this list, she now has more series to look forward to.

  5. Heard a lot about the Korean drama and tv series but did not knew that they have so much variety for the viewers. If next time I watch any of them in the watclhist, shall definitely give it a try, though reading the captions every-time is a huge off to me while watching the show.

  6. You wont believe these days I am only watching Korean and Japanese also a few Chinese dramas and series . Can’t express my happiness while reading this. Really worth seeing dramas

    1. Lancelot Quadras

      Hey Pamela, I’m super glad you liked this review and now you can enjoy a huge list of these series. Have fun exploring.

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top