C is for Chinwag – A to Z Challenge 2018

C is for Chinwag which means an informal chat.

When was the last time you spoke to someone for more than an hour minus social media? If you do manage this then I salute your effort. If not, then it’s not too late to try. I cannot do that for sure now. Most of my close friends also make sure I let go of my phone or pass a sarcastic remark so I get their message loud and clear.

This is just one side of me though. I can manage all this. If I’m chatting with friends and something important is up, I make sure to give my whole attention to it.

The reason for it being it takes courage to come forward and talk (chinwag) about any topic where they can be judged. Being vulnerable and speaking up is not easy and hence I do make it a point to talk to my near and dear ones asking about their well being.

It’s possible I’m very direct in asking but its best that way. I ask if there’s anything that has been troubling their mind. It’s their choice whether to divulge those details or no but knowing that someone is there to listen can calm the mind and give the confidence to share.

So next time try to chinwag with those who matter to you.

You don’t know what battles are being fought behind that fake smile. Ask and be available to help.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

1 thought on “C is for Chinwag – A to Z Challenge 2018”

  1. Pingback: C is for Cheesecake - A to Z Challenge 2020 - Lance Quadras

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top