T is for Tandoori Chicken – A to Z Challenge 2020

I miss Tandoori Chicken, do you too?

Since the Coronavirus has gotten us locked down in our houses, I miss so many food items. The worst part is that all food prices have gone up! I remember buying Chicken for as little as 30 rupees per kilo a day prior to the “Janata Curfew”. Now prices are skyrocketing with some places reporting 150+ rupees per kilo!

How will we make Tandoori chicken at home on gas/in the oven if the chicken is so costly? Okay let me stop ranting about food prices and I’ll share a bit of history with you.

History of Tandoor:

While the concept of Tandoor predates to Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro days, the Tandoori Chicken authentic recipe was developed by Kundan Lal Gujral right before partition.

He shifted to Delhi and began creating this iconic meal from the globally acclaimed “Moti Mahal” restaurant.

Where to order online?

If you are looking to order Tandoori Chicken online near me, then smile as I’ve found websites that are open for delivery in Mumbai! Here is the list:

Zomato

Swiggy

Licious – If you’re looking for a variety in Chicken Items

What is the best recipe to make Tandoori Chicken?

I’ve also found some of the best recipes that you can use and make this delicious food at home. To make it easier for all, I will share the recipe in 3 different languages. Have fun cooking!

Marathi – RuchkarJevan

Hindi – PakwanGali

English – Indian Healthy Recipes

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

2015 – T is for Tarriance

2016 – T is for Tacenda and Tardigrade

2017 – T is for Tentamen

2018 – T is for Talionic

2019 – T is for Tabefaction

Sushi recipes in Hindi and English - India

S is for Sushi – A to Z Challenge 2020

1,800 years. That’s how long Sushi has been on Planet Earth!

While we all think Japan is the place where it all started, history states it was somewhere in Southeast Asia where people started eating this. It then moved on to China and Japan!

Somewhere in the 18th century, Hanaya Yohei, a cook invented the modern style sushi that we all happily eat. At that time, this was a staple street food that people would eat with their hands watching theater performances.

But in 1923, an earthquake in Tokyo resulted in property prices going down.

Because of this, chefs could afford properties and Sushi upgraded from street food to dining food!

Is there a sushi delivery near me?

Read More
Red Velvet Cake and Cupcake

R is for Red Velvet – A to Z Challenge 2020

I love Red Velvet cupcakes, cheesecake & a slice of the cake!

When I tried this for the first time a few years ago, I knew in my heart, I’d found my precious!

This beautiful red colored cake was launched as a marketing ploy by Adams Extract during the Great Depression in the 1920s. Adams was a food coloring company. Like everyone they too were hurting during this economic depression.

In order to lure in more customers, they added more red color to the traditional scarlet color velvet cake. The cake looked bright red and customers swarmed inside to have a taste of it.

Because of this, Adams Extract became a popular company as everyone wanted the food coloring extract! I’m sure you didn’t know that right?

How is Red Velvet Cake different?

Read More