B is for Bluff – A2Z Challenge 2019

Bluff.

Barney and Robin had been friends for over a decade. Robin always had been the one speaking honestly and being truthful. Barney would manipulate as per situations and would find it tough to be honest about almost anything.

If Robin wants to go to a new restaurant and Barney doesn’t want to, he’d bluff her by mentioning that he’s already been to that place. The same applies to movies, random meetings and many more situations. On the other hand, Robin will always be honest. If she doesn’t want to meet because she wants to chill at home, then that’s what she will say.

What just happened?

This is a classic case of bluffing which will then turn into manipulating and lying in order to escape from every situation.

What could have been?

I’ve been on both ends and I can tell you that bluffing, lying and manipulating will bring Barney nothing. Only stress and tension. Being truthful like Robin however brings clarity. Yes, people won’t like your answer. They might feel like you are ignoring them and might even distance themselves from you.

But don’t you worry. The real ones will stick back. They’ll be annoyed but won’t leave your side. Being honest is a blessing to your mind. It helps you be positive, stay motivated and plan for the future.

10th anniversary special for A to Z Challenge

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

8 thoughts on “B is for Bluff – A2Z Challenge 2019”

    1. Well put Dipika. I just feel after a point, you don’t know if you’re still walking on the thread or just doing what you want to!

    1. Hey Isa, Yes!
      I was a Barney till few years ago.
      I’m only trying to be a Robin every once a while.
      The truth stings but at least I’m more clear than before.

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top