Trek to Harishchandragad Fort

Trek to Harishchandragad – Part 3

For all those who have not checked out my previous posts form the Trek to Harishchandragad Fort trilogy, here are the links;

Trek to Harishchandragad Fort – Part 1

Trek to Harishchandragad Fort – Part 2

Firstly I’d like to apologize to all those who read the first two parts. I know I kept y’all waiting. A LOT! But here it is, the last part.. full of surprises.

After a painstaking climb and snoring at night, we woke up fresh for our last visit to the Konkan Kada point. It was just a 25-30 minutes climb to the point. We walked and then finally reached the place which everyone spoke about so much. It was the far end of the mountain. Since we reached there around 10 am, there was sunlight as usual. But the weather was pleasant and less humid. Also, at the far end of the mountain, you couldn’t see anything ahead or below, just a mixture of fog and clouds.

wpid-wp-1446975964935.jpeg
I dare you to take a leap of faith and jump.!!
wpid-wp-1446975964932.jpeg
That’s Yvonne with her favorite background.

Now it’s time for the highlight. It’s said that if you lay down to the very end of the mountain and look downwards, you can see clouds and a reflection of a circular rainbow. Now, what’s peculiar about this? What if I told you that you can also see your shadow inside that circular rainbow?

Yes.
I’m not kidding. It’s the ultimate truth. You can indeed see your shadow. I even waved and got a response. Unfortunately, I could not capture that phenomenon, but another friend managed to get me a snap of someone who did.

Here’s the image.

Rainbow view from top point of Harishchandragad Fort

This is also called as Indra vajra i.e. the 360 degree rainbow. It is a sight best seen during the monsoon! And I must say it is one of the top unique selling points of going for this trek.

Finally, after watching that rainbow and myself I was content. We walked back to our tent, packed our stuff, and walked back to the base village of Konkan Kada.
There was this tree which was exactly half-submerged in the middle of the lake. The entire sight was a treat to anyone who witnessed it. I did not capture that sight but I am glad to have seen it.

Post that, we walked and it took us a couple of hours till we were on our way to the bus stop near Malshej Ghat. Upon waiting for the bus, I stumbled across a view so pleasant, I just had to capture.

View near Malshej Ghat and Konkan Kada village

All in all, I was content with this travel experience. Yes, I did not expect so much of madness in this amazing travel journey, but it was perfect. Here’s one group picture which we managed to click just on the endpoint of the trek to Harishchandragad Fort.

Group Trek to Harishchandragad from Maharashtra
Here’s the star cast from left to right: Aaron, Yvonne, Lance & Errol

I heard this line somewhere which I feel is indeed true; “Travelling sets you free”. So tell me, people, Did you enjoy my 3 posts on the Trek to Harishchandragad fort? Also, you can let me know which trip you took recently that you enjoyed the most? Share it with me. I’d like to hear about it.

You can also read – The latest BS6 Royal Enfield Himalayan Motorcycle in India

Harishcnadragad Trek near Konkan Kada

Harishchandragad Trek

Hard Work pays off.

This is a term people understand only after working hard. I’ve learned it the hard way post trekking to Harishchandragad. Yeah, that’s a long name and undoubtedly a longer trek too. But it was all well in the end. That’s what matters right?

Our Journey to Harishchandragad trek (as planned for Day 1):

One of us 4 friends had to book a free OLA ride from our place to Kalyan station at around 8 pm. From there we were to board a bus to Khubhiphata at around 10.30 pm. It was to be a 2.5-hour bus journey. Then around 1 am we had to figure out the way to the start of the trekking point which was anywhere easily around 3-4 hours of walking. Later, when the sun would begin crawling its way to shine on us, we had to climb to the point which is yet another 3.5-4 hours. And finally, we would set up our tent near the point and just be mesmerized with the weather and the location.

Day 1: Our Journey to the Harishchandragad Fort(The truth):

One out of us 4 friends booked an OLA cab that had less fuel and did not travel to Kalyan. We were left stranded in Powai looking for a replacement. Our free code got expired and all of us had already exhausted our free rides. Then we had to actually wait for a bus or a cab which could take us there. A cab guy promptly said 900/- for the ride. We did not even pay heed to him as we wanted our trek to harishchandragad journey to be fun and with less wastage of money.

You can also read – The Latest Royal Enfield Himalayan Motorcycle in India – BS6

Later, we finally found a rickshaw who promised to take us halfway to Thane. From there we managed to board a train which took us to Kalyan. By the time we got there, we could only manage to board the last bus i.e. at 12.30 am. Yeah, after 2.5hours of an amazing journey (which I slept throughout) on that ST bus, we reached our stop i.e Kokan Kada (in some places also known as Konkan Kada) at 2.45 am.

The weather was misty; there was hardly anything that we could spot our eyes on.

With a blind route given to us by a tea vendor, we made way to a place that no one ever knew. We walked, walked, and then walked some more. It was almost 4 am until we were completely drained. The route felt like a never-ending journey and we decided to crash. We actually walked that long as we could not find a good surface for the tent to be set up. When we did find out, we didn’t waste any time. We set up, and after a few minutes of talking, we all went to sleep. The time was 4.45 am.

We decided to wake up early around 6.30. My alarm rang on the fitness band and I woke up to a view which I wish to share it with you. When I woke up, my friend was staring at me. I thought she was awake so I started with wishing her a “good morning”. But there was no response. I spoke for a few more seconds before I realized she was fast asleep with her eyes open!

Yeah, imagine the horror.

Anyways, after that episode, I couldn’t sleep. So I decided to go out and look at the view. The place was amazing. Almost a few feet away, there was a river. There was fog, the wind was chilly and finally, there was silence.

IMG_20150905_064125
The view right outside our tent..

I walked a few meters away from our tent and took some pictures of the place. I managed to capture the tent too. Here are a few snapshots.

In the Day 2 post of Harishchandragad Trek, I’ll share with you maximum pictures with less of prose sharing how our journey to the Harishchandra fort that’s so close to the Malshej Ghat went from amazing to mind-blowing! Stay tuned.

You can also read – Netflix secret codes are out in the open. Do you want to know their secret?

5 Places to visit before i bid adieu…

There are many places which can come in this list.

But since its Top 5, i have cut-shorted it..

1) Stamford Bridge, London

My dream….. i have to be here once before I’m done with this life..

I have been a true fan of Chelsea Football Club (C.F.C), from over 7 years.

My wish is to watch a match in this stadium.. feel the energy, the applauds, the chants, the booing,  the emotions.

I’d buy that ticket, no matter what.

Hell, if it means to beat some one up for that ticket, dance on the street like a drunk lunatic…… I’d do it without thinking twice!!

2) Bora Bora, France

6666

Aaaaah….. Just the view is itself mesmerizing.

Whenever i view a post on top places to visit in one lifetime, this comes on maximum lists.

I too read about this, some time back, and made it a point to pin it in my bucket list..!!

3) Christ the redeemer, Brazil

I have seen this image many times, in movies & as a catholic, have always dreamt of going here.

What a sight it must be nah….

Have to be there once to spend some time with the almighty!!

4) Tianzi Mountains, China

4444

Ever since i saw the movie “Avatar” i researched about these mountains, & was left spell bound when i realized the history of this place.

5) Kashmir Valley, India:

Dal Lake and Shikaras

I haven’t been to north India… not once..

I know there are many places there worth visiting, & i would start with this one.

I’ve heard Dal lake is one attractive spot..!!!

So have to be there!!