A Walk Down The Memory Lane

I just happened to read this blog, when one photo zoomed me back into my own childhood.

As kids, all we did when we were small, was ” EAT , SLEEP , PLAY , REPEAT ”
That was the mantra i followed too.
When it came to cricket i was and i am still crazy for the game.
I never miss a India Pakistan game for nothing, unless its a board paper, and i have a graduation paper at stake. ( That was my scenario during the 2011 world cup, when India was playing Pakistan and i was writing a stupid paper ) :/
Anyways, when we were kids, we played bat and ball (That’s what we called cricket)
We played for a while, and then there was this family who reside at the ground floor.
They had a huge T.V.
In the early 2000’s having a Huge TV was not at all general.
We all guys played for a while, then would sneak on their house to watch the match.
It was so clear that sometimes we would end up watching 10-15 overs a time.
This took place for few weeks.
We witnessed some fights too. (wicked šŸ˜› )
One day, Uncle found us sneaking in from the window for a glimpse of the match, and promptly asked us to come in.
He wasn’t mad at us. We were scared until he calmed us down.
For all i thought, our parents would get a complain from these guys, and our playing days would end.
But he was a good man.
He offered us some potato wafers and also Rasna.
We enjoyed watching the match.
We yelled and screamed when there was a boundary or a six, or even a wicket.
It looked so clear, we just couldn’t believe it.
We left after an innings was over, and were content.
From that day, all we did was wait for an important match.
Who would want to miss a beautiful TV viewing experience and some chips, and some rasna etc etc.
I wouldn’t.. Would you?
My mother would be terrified for a while, as i used to complete my maths homework book quickly (Ugh, i so hated that) just so that i could go to watch a match on a big TV.
They vacated the place after a while.
Oh.. how i miss those days.
Funny, i have been doing crazy things to watch a cricket match since childhood.

Now #kanna’s like me don’t need to watch cricket outside other’s homes.
At this age of smartphones, tablets etc etc, we all have access to the internet.
StarSports.com has got all possible highlight reels, which can make anyone’s day.

So now
 if #kanna missed a beautiful cacth, he can log on to starsports.com and watch it.
 if #kanna missed a boundary or a catch, then go to starsports.com and lastly,
 If #kanna missed the entire match then he just needs to keep calm, because he can now watch Pepsi IPL on starsports.com.

If you have done such things too, do drop by and leave your comments.
Would love to read them too.
šŸ™‚

This post is a part of Cricket just got better! Activity by starsports.com in association with BlogAdda.com.

Nike or Adidas

What Iā€™d Do Differently if I Were Nike Or Adidas

Nike & Adidas are synonymous with the word “SPORTS”. Every average human being and athletes dream to own sports products from these places. It doesn’t matter if they’re playing Basketball, Football, the NFL, NBA or even Cricket. Owning Shoes, Jerseys, Tees, Caps, etc from these two giants is needed.

Some of the sports legends have their own names printed on some of the custom made products. So, it’s obvious that their fans would love to buy these products no matter what the cost.

And there lies my problem. Almost every product is overpriced or not reasonable. No matter its Nike or Adidas, if you’re living in India, consider these products to showcase class and status.

In a city like Mumbai, if you will ask a consumer to pay INR 10,000 for a pair of shoes, he or she will give you a never-ending list of products they can buy with that money. Thus most of the products being overpriced, consumers don’t end up buying much from these two stores. They wait for a “Flat 40-50% off” Discount that arrives once a year so that they can finally buy their favorite products.

If I were working in Nike or Adidas then according to the places, the prices would be varied. In Mumbai, even though consumers have enough money to spend, still, most of the products are too much for their budget. If these stores come out with a string of products at reasonable prices, then I can guarantee that the sales of these stores will increase more than 25%*.

If one will buy something, then through Word of Mouth, many others will get to know about the reasonable pricing and there will be more sales. The rise in football audiences has increased over the years. If jerseys, Tees, and Shoes are priced reasonably then the sales will increase too.

After a point, you wouldn’t need to keep a sale or a discount in order to boost footfalls in the stores. This is just what I think. If anyone agrees or disagrees with my post, do comment below and let me know.

Nike or Adidas shoes, both brands are amazing choices!

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge