Bookstore owner YOU

What if I Was a Bookstore owner!

Bookstore owner who’s also a reader knows best what every aspiring book lover wants.

Being an avid lover of reading, I can understand the two things that stop a reader from getting the book of his dreams;
1 — Huge price of the book
2 — Non-Availability

These are the only two main aspects as to why a reader might not buy the book he or she desires. If I were a bookstore owner I would do the following:

1) A weekly discount on the Best-sellers – This would definitely grab the attention of all the avid and up to date readers as they would all flock to my store to buy the book which is trending.

2) Springing in with a variety of offers on books. eg- buy 2 get 1 free (monthly) –
The quantity matters at the end of the day!! Thus by keeping offers on Trilogies or a series like Buy 2 from the trilogy and get the third one complimentary!. This will further increase sales.

3) Trying to get Authors on board for book signing thereby increasing the audience for the book store –
If authors whether local or international sit for an hour to sign books and mingle with their fans, I’m sure that many books will be sold, thereby increasing profit. Also through word of mouth, many will come to the store, thereby increasing the audience.

4) A monthly gathering for book readers ( Debate or discussion on a certain genre of books) –
This will bring many readers under one roof thereby starting a good session of different stories, where I, as a bookstore owner will get to know more of the tastes and preferences of my customers.

5) End of season sale:
This sale would be the best of the season. Every year at the closing stock level, when books still remain and need to be cleared out, then an offer like Buy 1 get 1 free or buy 3 get 3 free books!! will garner more audience and more sales.

6)Being an avid book reader myself, I would have an add-on to the tastes and the choices of books I can keep in the store.

These all are my thoughts.

Reading books is a beautiful habit that one can cultivate.

Bookstore owners can continue to do an amazing service to people and let them read good books!

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Reading Books online

My new found love- Reading Books!!

Reading a book since childhood was not of my interest. Not even the slightest one!

But recently, I happened to have a 3-month break from college. I got an internship at a Financial firm that is at least 1.5 hours away from my home. So naturally, it meant a lot of traveling. In that scenario, I decided to start reading books during my transit to pass my time. I thought that maybe, I’ll stop reading the first day itself.

But I didn’t.

That day was 2nd May 2013 & today it’s 30th January 2014, and I’ve completed more than 13 books/novels. Phew, that’s too many, right? I didn’t know I had the knack of reading until I started it. Sometime in the future, I got to know that it was my mother who had the reading books habit that got passed on to me. Anyways its better to read something rather than waste your time imagining things in your mind.

So the next question arises, How the hell did I get so many books? The answer to that is – I had been to a Book sale last April which helped me get a lot of books for a very reasonable price. Really reasonable!

A kilo of books = 60 rupees i.e less than 1 dollar.

Surprising right?

Classics like Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, etc cost me 100 INR per kilo.
I ended up buying 5 kilos worth books which involved football magazines, Horror, Mystery, Murder, Reality, and 2 classic books. I later also went to the next sale. This time I didn’t get the books I hoped to get. So I experimented using the Good-reads app on my smartphone and selected some book titles. Here is the snapshot of my collections from the sale.

Reading Books from Strand Book Stall
These are my books… have read most of it

You might have heard a lot about reading books online free for kids, quotes, and benefits.