R is for Red Velvet – A to Z Challenge 2020

I love Red Velvet cupcakes, cheesecake & a slice of the cake!

When I tried this for the first time a few years ago, I knew in my heart, I’d found my precious!

This beautiful red colored cake was launched as a marketing ploy by Adams Extract during the Great Depression in the 1920s. Adams was a food coloring company. Like everyone they too were hurting during this economic depression.

In order to lure in more customers, they added more red color to the traditional scarlet color velvet cake. The cake looked bright red and customers swarmed inside to have a taste of it.

Because of this, Adams Extract became a popular company as everyone wanted the food coloring extract! I’m sure you didn’t know that right?

How is Red Velvet Cake different?

Traditionally, this velvet cake is misunderstood as a variant of chocolate cake. This cake has different texture, ingredients & cream cheese frosting. Chocolate cake has multiple choices in frostings.

Where to buy red velvet cake?

Because of the COVID-19 lockdown in Maharashtra, it is difficult to find cake shops that are open in any area. But with the help of these two vendors, you can enjoy your cake whenever and wherever!

How do you make red velvet cake from scratch?

After browsing online, I found some of the best places where you could make amazing desserts. I hope you make the most out of this. (Share a picture with me when you’re done OK?)

Best Red velvet cake recipe –  Archana’s Kitchen

Red velvets cupcakes recipeCook with Manali

Eggless Cake Recipe in HindiKalchul

Have fun baking!

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

2015 – R is for Reguerdon

2016 – R is for Refocillate and Repine

2017 – R is for Recherché

2018 – R is for Rebarbative

2019 – R is for Renascent

3 thoughts on “R is for Red Velvet – A to Z Challenge 2020”

  1. Pingback: Food Porn 8 - Sweet Recipes - Sizzling Brownie Recipes

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top