Republic Day Free bus ride

The FREE bus ride on Republic day in Mumbai

The 26th January Republic Day happened to be on a Sunday. For every working professional, student it was a day of gratitude but also to frown. This is because an extra holiday got wasted. National holidays must come on a weekday, right? At least we would get an off and that day would be more special for us.

Ok, coming back to the topic, since the Republic Day fell on a Sunday, I have this habit since the past 3-4 years to go to Bandra Kurla complex and play soccer with my buddies. It’s usually far from my place in Andheri, but the love for this sport pulls me there.

I had a gala time playing, so after we were done, I waited for a Bus to take me to the station. The bus was the same, but I happened to notice balloons inside of the three colors of the flag. I just got in, and then to my shock was informed that every bus with the balloons was supplying free rides for the day!

Wow… I know its hardly something, but it just got a wide smile on my face!!
I made it known to my friends who were happy too. Above is a pic of the special bus I was in Republic Day.

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Kiss The Girls by James Patterson

James Patterson – Kiss the Girls Book Review

Kiss the Girls by James Patterson is my first James Patterson books, and I must say, what a storyline! It indeed is Truly magnificent. Here’s my honest and unbiased Book review.

I’ve read some other James Patterson books too that have been made into movies, which I’ll review later. Mostly, in all of James Patterson’s books list, he portrays the killers as classy, elegant, full of different fetishes, and freakishly smart. In this book too, there are two killers whose names are “Casanova” & “The Gentleman”.

Both have their style of killing, preferences of girls, etc. The hero of this book and series happens to be the super detective “Alex Cross”. There are more than 20+ books in this series.

Alex Cross is a man of precision. He has a past but lives for his family and would die for his country. His work instincts help him get a pattern that can solve cases from outside the box thinking. The rest of the story is just too good to be true.

There is drama, planning, execution and a lot of mystery in Kiss the Girls. Hence if you are expecting a Murder mystery book, then “Kiss the Girls” is the one you must read.

In most of the Alex Cross movies, Morgan Freeman has portrayed his role. Since then, whenever I read a book, Morgan Freeman’s image sticks up to Alex Cross. The same happened in Kiss the Girls!

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Candies Bandra

Candies Bandra – Food Review Mumbai

“Candies” in Bandra is a place which every Bandra guy & girl or for that matter, every college-goer is synonymous with.

Situated In Pali Hill, Bandra, This place is a popular hangout for youngsters! I have been to this place a lot because I was from St.Andrew’s Bandra, which meant at least a monthly visit to this place.

Candies Bandra menu has a lot of variety, right from rolls, patties, to Lasagna & Spaghetti. They also have a variety in its drinks right from Hot chocolate, Some iced teas, and slush. Not to forget a Salad Bar that is quite filling and reasonable. Finally, they have a separate counter with Cookies, Pastries, etc that makes this place complete!!

Now that’s my regular meal. A salad plate which roughly costs around 120-140. It’s a one time serving where you are given a plate. You can once fill up as many salad veggies and dressing as possible. So build your appetite accordingly. Next to the salad, you will find my favorite drink i.e. the wild-berry ice tea!! If it’s not this, then I will opt for a Hot chocolate.

Candies Bandra’s timing is up to 8.30 pm in the evening. They are extended up to 3 floors, thus there is ample of space for every group. Also, there are Air-conditioned places situated on the ground floor & the First floor. Rest is open spaces but don’t you worry. Every table outdoor has a table fan!! Cool isn’t it?

So this place is a must-visit place for all groups who want to have a gala time with delicious food.