Involuntary Musical imagery

This concept / syndrome / etc whatever you call it has affected maximum people in all parts of the world..!!
Curious right?
Why didn’t i hear about it before?
Well I’m sure some questions as such might be roaming inside your head..
Let me solve your queries!!

Involuntary musical imagery or an Ear-worm is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person’s mind after it is no longer playing. Phrases used to describe an ear-worm include musical imagery repetition, and stuck song syndrome!!!

Now, why am i talking about this concept?
I found out this concept one fine day on twitter and just googled about it..!!
The result kept me on the edge and i just realized I’m affected by a syndrome!!

Now, a bit of detail on the effect of this syndrome:
This syndrome hits mostly every student during a lecture, a test etc..
It hits me every time i am in a lecture.. (that’s fun BTW) and i enjoy those moments… any-day better than the lecture!!
During exams, you have to see me..
For a while, i have to sop writing as the songs playing in my head crack me up!!
E.g- Sexy eyes by Aqua…. the moment this song plays on my mind i just can’t control my laughter.. imagine… laughing in a examination hall.. hilarious nah..!!
Here is a list of catchy songs which mess up my mind!!
– Mambo no.5
– Sexy eyes
– Ketchup Song
– Where do you go!!
– Temperature
– Smack that

I agree these songs are vintage in today’s time.. but still  their tunes are damn catchy!!
I even hear new songs, Hindi, English pop, rock, r&b, Rap etc and it occupies my boredom in the lecture!!

So, if you have ever thought of songs playing in your mind during a meeting, lecture, seminar etc then be proud and spread the word about this syndrome!! 🙂

Art

A Common Man’s view towards ART

Art is a creation of an individual who through his thinking, depicts something which gives meaning to a certain theme. People when shown that creation usually is spellbound mostly. The praise which the people shower towards the art and the artist is what every artist wants, that his creation or depiction is given attention and praise.

For a common man, art is something where,
– They can praise the art
– Then click lots and lots of pictures
– Pose around the art

This all looks normal, doesn’t it? But I would like to highlight some aspects here. Yesterday I had been to the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival which happens every year in Church-gate where students from different Fine-Arts Colleges showcase their talent and their thoughts. It’s free to enter and yes you are allowed to click photos but from a distance. There are boundaries drawn showing the crowd, not to enter as it may destroy the art.

There were many creations where one was of a round structure with glass panels on the top, behind and front of you, and even beside you. Space was only for 2-3 people to go and experience it. What was there to experience?
The panels were kept in such an angle that you could see the entire place from all the glass panels.

What did the people do?

They have a bigger group. So, it’s obvious, they would want to take a groupie pic, right? So what if it comes on an expense to the artist or the team? They don’t care a damn!

In front of me at least 2-3 panels were broken. The artist was tired of explaining it to people, but no one listens. Later I found out that this festival is for 10 days and for 5-6 days, 18 panels were broken!

Every panel costing around 750 rupees(10 $). How much loss to that creation, to the money? But what does the common man think of?
Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp display pic, etc. This is demeaning.

One more creation was of a weighing scale, weighing the “Woman gender” and “Law”. The post handling the scale had news articles stuck to it representing all the RAPE cases reported. What did people do to mess this up? They just didn’t read it. All they cared for is a pic with a weighing scale. awesome right?

Losers!!

Guys were posing with a cool hand gesture which kind of depicted like they were proud of it and would want to do more!! The worse part was girls were posing too. What a shame. I went up to 2 girls who were planning to decide which pose to give. I asked them to read before they clicked.
Once they did, they simply walked away with embarrassment clearly mentioned on their faces.

Such a shame that a common man views art just like another showpiece to click photos with. While leaving we met an artist who had given up all hopes as he was telling us his story of how people man-handled his art right in front of him and he was helpless. If only he had a machine gun.
My overall visit was good, but I ended up with a headache trying to control my anger and disappointment.

Art for the common man is purely for social media sharing!

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Bookstore owner YOU

What if I Was a Bookstore owner!

Bookstore owner who’s also a reader knows best what every aspiring book lover wants.

Being an avid lover of reading, I can understand the two things that stop a reader from getting the book of his dreams;
1 — Huge price of the book
2 — Non-Availability

These are the only two main aspects as to why a reader might not buy the book he or she desires. If I were a bookstore owner I would do the following:

1) A weekly discount on the Best-sellers – This would definitely grab the attention of all the avid and up to date readers as they would all flock to my store to buy the book which is trending.

2) Springing in with a variety of offers on books. eg- buy 2 get 1 free (monthly) –
The quantity matters at the end of the day!! Thus by keeping offers on Trilogies or a series like Buy 2 from the trilogy and get the third one complimentary!. This will further increase sales.

3) Trying to get Authors on board for book signing thereby increasing the audience for the book store –
If authors whether local or international sit for an hour to sign books and mingle with their fans, I’m sure that many books will be sold, thereby increasing profit. Also through word of mouth, many will come to the store, thereby increasing the audience.

4) A monthly gathering for book readers ( Debate or discussion on a certain genre of books) –
This will bring many readers under one roof thereby starting a good session of different stories, where I, as a bookstore owner will get to know more of the tastes and preferences of my customers.

5) End of season sale:
This sale would be the best of the season. Every year at the closing stock level, when books still remain and need to be cleared out, then an offer like Buy 1 get 1 free or buy 3 get 3 free books!! will garner more audience and more sales.

6)Being an avid book reader myself, I would have an add-on to the tastes and the choices of books I can keep in the store.

These all are my thoughts.

Reading books is a beautiful habit that one can cultivate.

Bookstore owners can continue to do an amazing service to people and let them read good books!