O is for Obolary – A to Z Challenge 2018

O is for Obolary which means extremely poor.

For everyone, the words rich and poor is generally connected with wealth they hold. Only until now that people have started searching richness in things more valuable than money. In today’s time a human who can earn a decent livelihood, work 9 to 5, come home by 6 and spend time with his family is considered rich. Those who get a decent sleep at the weekend, have less tension, are more clear in their objectives are rich. Also, those who have few close beings that are always there no matter what are rich.

There are shows like “Friends” and “How I met your mother” which show a decade full of life of those in their late 20’s and how life is messy with never ending problems. But if you have few friends/family along with you always, then you are indeed rich. Today I do know few friends who really have a lot of money but have no friends. They spent their time earning and lost everyone on the way as they couldn’t give them their time. There are some who neglected their near and dear ones. Now they regret their decision but there’s no one to complain to.

That means being poor. Being obolary is when you have no one to talk to, no one to share your issues with and no one whom you can instantly dial and speak rubbish without being judged. In conclusion, so what if you don’t have a lot of money? You might be in debt but you’ll claw out of it eventually. If you have love and friendship around you in your bad and good times, then my friend… smile because you are rich.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

1 thought on “O is for Obolary – A to Z Challenge 2018”

  1. Pingback: O is for Oats - A to Z Challenge 2020 - Top Indian Recipes using Oats

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top