Church

Going to Church – Out of love Or Obligation

Going to church every week is what every christian does!!

The question arises…. How many of us go out of sheer love and affection towards the almighty?

At this virtual and digital age , many of us miss the time we spend with our near and dear ones as we are glued to our gadgets.

Also, many people just come to church as they find it as their duty to go to church.

They do not do it willingly. Sometimes, its just to show their parents that they are good children.
Sometimes, they come  to church as they get to meet their friends.
Sometimes and i mean it, very rarely a few would visit because they really want to..!!

Also, There are many things i notice during mass..
Such as,
The seats behind are packed. People will sandwich each other and fit in a conjusted place.
 The places in the front, especially the first 3 rows are hardly having people sitting.
 The priest mostly requests the people to come ahead and sit, rather than sit in such an uncomfortable manner.

Then, the mass begins, and so do the series of yawns..!!
I won’t deny that sometimes i yawn too..!!
Many of us fall asleep during the sermon.

Some of us pretend to listen, and some of us are busy inside our phones!!
What’s the point if you don’t pay attention during the sermon!!

One of the masses i attended recently, the priest gave an eye opening sermon where he simply asked one question, “WHY DO WE COME TO CHURCH”?
 There was a silence, which was accompanied with another minute of silence.
That was the answer he expected. He explained to us what should have been our approach, that all we need to do is talk to the almighty for a minute.
We can indeed remove a minute out of our busy lives.

I’ve asked many of my friends about why do they come for mass, by far its just an obligation
What’s your choice?

You can go to church with a boyfriend, after having a baby and even during the menstrual period.

There is no restriction that can stop you when you wish to pray to God.

Some say that they go to church in their dream!

Isn’t it so cool to visit the almighty in your dream?

Now you cannot go to church because of COVID-19.

So stay home, stay safe and pray from home!

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Chain Snatching in Mumbai, India

Chain Snatching In Mumbai

So, i guess everyone knows what does Chain Snatching mean…
Some call it an art, some call it a robbery etc.
I’m a simple resident in J.B.Nagar, Andheri East.

From the past couple of months, the chain snatching scenario has taken up our area like a flood.
Usually, My mother came home whining about the vegetable and meat and their rising prices.
But now, the scenario has changed.

Now, she gets home and tells me about whose chain got snatched, and where.
Its become a weekly affair and trust me, it does piss me off..

Recently, as i was walking towards cigarette factory to board a bus to Andheri station i seen a robbery right in front of me
It was around 10.30am, i was walking, and in front, a lady was purchasing potatoes i guess.
A bike was next to her. the next thing i seen was the person riding pillion, took the chain off like his hand was a magnet..(damn quick i must say) couldn’t see his face and the rider too wore a helmet.
they went ahead, but to their dismay, The locals caught wind of the act as everyone shouted, CHORRRRRRRRRRRRRR….!!!!
They couldn’t escape via bike, so they dumped it nearby and ran different routes.
One ran on the main road, while the other took a smaller route with many short cuts.
For a while, i was happy as many ran behind one of the robbers.

But then came the harsh part. The one who took the bigger route ran swiftly, No one around even tried to stop him… Cheers, Mumbai..!!

Felt bad, as the people just stood looking at him while he made his way..
The same scenario if happened with such people, they would be devastated.
The last i heard, they weren’t caught. but the bike was found. so fingers are crossed, lets hope they are put to test!!

Chain Snatching in Mumbai is a regular event as we have more than a crore people living in this city.

The worst part is that chain snatching in Mumbai events are increasing by the day. Because of this, there has been quite a turmoil faced by the community.