H is for Hirquitalliency which means strength of voice.

In all the stages of life, the one thing we all must maintain is the strength of voice. It does sound impossible and honestly it is. But a little bit of effort can go a long way. We all have a voice. The only problem being that it plays in our mind more than it should in the real world. Every situation creates an ache within us when we have to speak but we choose to be silent. We lose that strength. Why do we lose it?

We lose it because of many reasons. Few of them being;

  1. You might care for the other person.
  2. We don’t want others to gang up and criticize us.
  3. Also, we care for our own image in front of everyone.
  4. The thought of raising your points in front of them scares you.
  5. We just don’t care.

It’s important to not only have your own voice but also to use it appropriately. We all consciously or unconsciously are attracted to people who have such voices. By strength of voice I don’t mean the sound but the way the person speaks. He/she is clear in what they think. They don’t contradict. We sometimes have some thoughts which don’t match with our friends but we agree with them to avoid a showdown. That is wrong and you must speak when you don’t agree. The true friends will be hurt but they’ll respect your thoughts too. The plastic ones will be offended and shall eject you from the group. They’re doing you a favor, so thank them!

In conclusion, I’d like to say that your voice defines you. Don’t shut it out always. Use hirquitalliency more often than you do now. The people who care for you will take time to adjust but they won’t leave. You can use your voice to filter out the dirt in your life and make it better.

Here’s one person I know who has a lot of strength in her voice i.e. My mother.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 4
    4
    Shares
Continue Reading

What if God fulfilled a wish every day?

Just a random thought cropped in my mind today.

What if God has decided that randomly he shall choose a person and whatever he wishes for shall be fulfilled.

Just imagine, there are so many instances when we actually wish things go our way and they do.
What if that day God actually wanted to give you what you want.
Also, Imagine you waiting for the train or bus which is late. You wish that it arrived soon so you could go home. And God fulfilled your wish.
Does that make you happy? Yes..
But after you know God would have fulfilled anything you wished for.. Would you be happy? Doubtful..

Obviously if we’d know that the almighty would fulfill any wish, we’d definitely ask for something extravagant.

Agree?

But how many of us would decide to wish for something else like erasure of poverty, wars, debt etc? I think only a few of us would. I’d ask too for something like a never ending bank balance and travel all the time without any worry or get some super power.

Either this way or that way there are many such instances when you thought things were not going your way but it just took a u-turn and everything went your way! There’s no explanation for that sometimes, right? What if that day God decided to fulfill whatever you desired?

Just a thought.. Think about it.

Happy Sunday!

Image credit – Healthy Thoughts
Spread the love...
  • 3
    3
    Shares
Continue Reading

It’s a Wednesday morning and the view from my desk is serene.

The clouds seem like there would be no scope for the sun to shine on today.

It’s 11.15am and it looks like it’s almost 19.00pm.

There’s a lot of rain drops passing by the window pane.

I can hear the sound of the wind and the rain clashing and it’s quite scary if I may add.

Image credit – Wallpaper Safari

So when I watch those drops pass by my window at a fast pace, a random thought just passed by.

There are so many moments and situations we have to go through in life.

Some of them get through in a jiffy while some take longer than they should.

The good moments get done quickly and the sad ones stick to us longer than we want to.

Life is like a see-saw. Sometimes you’re up, sometimes you’re down.

Life is also like a never ending slide.

You’re always in motion. No stoppage in time.

So instead of ranting, dreaming and being tensed, why don’t we just sit back and enjoy the show?

Life is not boring. It can give you so many moments where you can laugh at yourself or cry!

For instances,

  1. One of my school friends has a habit of missing a train/plane/bus journey every time he visits us.
  2. You can copy an entire paper including the roll number of the person too ( been there, done that)
  3. We were stranded without a place in Manali for a few hours (actually we hadn’t booked a place either so it fits)
  4. We went to trek in shorts and the temperatures fell below 5 degrees. How sweet, ain’t it?

This is just few of the things I could mention which at the time were very serious but now when I look back, I can laugh over it.

Like they say, Life is what you make of it.

So stop being tensed… Just enjoy the show!

And while you’re at it, listen to this song by Lenka. It’s really touching!

Continue Reading