Always look on the bright side of life. Otherwise it’ll be too dark to read. – Anonymous
We’ve been told time and time again, about this. Yet, only a few really come out of the past, try to cherish what they have and live with new hope, new energy and optimism.
Some stories have power. They give us hope; they tell us life is just not bad… it can be good as we want it to be.

Thus today I’d like to share 2 stories on optimism which really is needed in today’s life.
1)      Gridiron Gang (2006) :

Teenagers + Juvenile Center = No Hope.

Yes, this story is about kids who have committed crimes, been arrested and are doing their time in the juvenile center. The world will always look at them differently. They will be considered as an outcast. What might have gone through with their parents? They might feel low, shattered. They are in a dark tunnel looking forward to that ray of light which will bring them all out of darkness into light.

Their counselor (played by Dwayne Johnson) devises a plan and uses “football” as a way to get the group to learn everything. With the help of “football” he tries to teach them discipline, the need to work hard, the need to step up when life knocks you down with every situation. He tries lifting their self esteem. They find opponents in the form of different college teams who have way more training and facilities. They get beat down in every match with scores like 23-0, 36-2 etc. Imagine what might have gone through their minds which are already losing hope in life. But their “coach” as they call him, believes they can get better.

After gelling well as a team and having no fights, they play a match against an opponent who they beat with full conviction. That moment when the final whistle has blown… is when I get speechless. The happiness in the eyes of the parents who can see their sons finally smiling, jumping and full of life… is worth everything.

This is a real story which shows the progression of these kids and how they fare in their life post their stint in the juvenile center.

You lose your wife + livelihood + home + debit/credit cards and you have the sole responsibility of your little son.

That’s how this story begins. How can you even fight out of this one? Let alone be victorious and live a happily ever after ending?
This man lived in miserable and godforsaken conditions to raise his son and give him a good life. Post getting a new job as a stockbroker intern, he had to strive for 6 months without a paycheck. Only 1 out of 20 prospective interns would make the cut. So life got tough. They moved from place to place for shelter. Every day was a day full of suffering.
When your kid asks… Dad, where’s mom? Where’s our house? Why are we not taking the bus? Why can’t I have an extra chocolate…? What can you answer to that kid?

The story then revolves with how we steps up, takes all the opportunities and succeeds. The last few minutes of the movie can make even a stone hearted person to break down. I too was weeping post the last scene.
This is also a true story based on this man Chris Gardner who we all can learn from. No matter how many mistakes you make, if you have the will to succeed, you will.
Such stories are meant to be shared and thus I want you all to #lookup this optimistic story. I’d like to end my post with a quote.

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. – Harry Truman
This post is written for #Lookup Stories via Housing.com. Go check out their website for a complete new housing experience.

Continue Reading

So, this one Sunday in church and the gospel reading + the sermon literally opened a new horizon of thoughts in my mind.
I know I don’t usually write some religious stuff.
But I couldn’t avoid not writing this and sharing it with you guys.
The reading was taken from “Matthew Chp 20 V 1-16

The story:

 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard.  He agreed to pay them a denarius ( An entire day’s wages)  for the day and sent them into his vineyard.
 “About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing.  He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’  So they went.
“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing.About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

“‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.
“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’
“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius.So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius.

 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner.‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’
“But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

My Thoughts:
This story can be seen in two ways.
One way is logically. Since some worked for 12 hours, they were given full pay.
That means those who worked for 9 hours should be given wages equaling 9 hours and so on.
So, the laborers working for 1 hour, receiving a denarius is wrong and unjust.

The other way of understanding this story, is through compassion.

The Almighty explains that whoever works will be rewarded.
He promised the first laborer a denarius. He also gave the last one a denarius as he is compassionate.
Those workers had waited with tools all day, waiting for employment.
It’s not their mistake if no one hired them.
By paying them just for an hour’s wages, it would be tough for them to bring even a proper meal for their family.
He asks those workers who came first, to not grumble, as he fulfilled his promise to them.
It is he who decides what a person gets.. Not us.

So my question to you guys today is,
What do you agree with; the logical conclusion or the compassionate one??

                         This post is part of Day 7 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge
                                                  ultimateblogchallenge

Continue Reading

Music forms an important part in my life.
It has always been there for me.
Cheered me when I’m sad.
Made me happy with different tones.
Transported me back to fond memories.
In short, music has been my go-to-guy..!!

Through this post, i would like to share with you guys, some songs which are brilliantly made, and are pleasing always to my ears.

For many, a song seems to be good, when the singer or the band performs it.
For me, i see the effort the entire team has taken to create an art, just to make us listeners happy.
This song has been my favorite for 1 reason.
The entire cast who were a part of the studio album, lent their voices and created this majestic beauty of a song. I still get goosebumps when i listen to this.
I like the video. You can see the happiness, the team work, the unison of different voices, churning into one unified voice, which is just the perfect combination anyone could ever create.

This is yet another song which i enjoy listening to anytime. Everyone who has been a part of this song have performed phenomenally. Right from the lyrics, to the tune decided, and the choice of instruments used for the song have been bang on target.
I have been addicted to this song from a long time, and i don’t think I’ll be bored of it soon.

I might sound biased about reviewing her, because i’m head over heels for her. I’m in love with her voice for a couple of years. Her choice of words for every song might sound similar to all of you, but what you don’t realize is that every song of hers is based on a situation which s described in her song.
The video which i have chosen for this post is from her concert in Albert hall, London where she had performed “Someone Like You” & “Rolling in the Deep”
Why did i choose this?
Because in music i also enjoy the crowd’s response to your song.
Imagine you singing, and your spectators humming and tagging along with your voice.
The whole room is filled with voices which spurt out similar words.
In this video, just the power of the crowd is astounding, and the way they play their part as chorus is just too good to be true!

This is my last choice for this post.
I enjoy music in these shows, as they portray songs in a very different manner, which is soothing to a lay man’s ear also.
The unplugged versions just take the song to an all together level.
The entire cast for a song changes as per the patter of the song.
You’ll see musicians from different ethnic cultures coming together and creating a masterpiece with their work.
I’ve been just in awe with their work.
It’s because of people like them, that we can sit back and enjoy music.

Thus i would like to end my post by saying that when you hear a beautiful piece of music, don’t just applaud the singer… look around.. as there have been many other people who deserve a round of applause too!!
This post is part of Word-press Editors’ 365 days of Writing
Oct 5: Eye of the beholder– Describe what it feels like to hear a beautiful piece of music
or see a stunning piece of art.

This post is part of Day 5 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge
ultimateblogchallenge

P.S -I’ve put all links of videos on the title of each point.
Please Please have a look on all the links. 🙂

Continue Reading