This is the story of Nick and Jess.

For 2 years their relation was a joy ride which just never stopped.

It kept getting better with every month.

Surprises, Gifts, Precious moments… they had it all.

Jess was a corporate junkie and Nick was a writer who published short stories.

Both made time for each other no matter what the situation.

Their level of understanding is what all their friends raved about.

But after 24 months of dating, one fine day Nick felt something was missing.

The feeling was of detachment.

Jess had got busy with her work schedule for the past few weeks and Nick felt they were growing apart.

The usual outings had stopped. The surprises diminished with each day.

They hardly spoke before going to bed which was their daily rule until few weeks back when both would tell each other how was their day, who annoyed them the most etc.

Also, the daily morning kiss before Jess left for work had been forgotten.

Now Nick knew he should understand as she has work and it helps pay bills too. But one part of him yearned for her attention, for those lost moments, for that spark which he knew had diminished.

So he kept quiet. He buried those emotions, the pent up frustration in him. Jess couldn’t see it as she had work on her mind. Weekends were days when they gave time to each other but now all it had become was “Jess’s sleeping day”

It all had reached to a point of no return. Nick finally couldn’t take it and confronted Jess about what he was feeling. She retorted back with statements which were practical. At that point Nick just didn’t want to be practical.

The argument escalated. They didn’t talk to each other much. Living with each other and not speaking much took their relationship to a new low.

Friends got wind of their situation at a party when they never sat together. The friction could be witnessed by any passerby. They spoke to both of them differently and explained how lucky they should be to have each other.

Jess heard what their friends had to say and yes she did agree that their relationship did have this low point. She did understand Nick’s attempts to make her happy. She also couldn’t remember when the last time they had dinner together was. Nick on the other hand felt he over reacted and thought he should have weighed the situation from her point of view.

Then the story unfolded like a typical romantic movie.

The party then moved into dance mode with slow numbers playing. All couples started grooving to the numbers. Nick and Jess were forced to dance together by their friends.

The minute they held each others hands, something happened.

There was a wave of emotions, passion, love which was overflowing with that first touch. It almost reminded them of the first time they danced with each other. The first time they looked each other in the eyes. Everything came back to them. They said sorry to each other. There were tears of joy, they hugged each other, kissed and finally smiled. All was forgotten.

Like I said, a typical romantic movie ending with the last line, “And they lived happily… till the next argument…!”

Parachute has also got this message through with their newly launched product “Parachute Advansed Body Lotion”. They too believe that just one touch is enough to reignite the lost spark in a relation.

They have got this message through with a video showing how Nimrat and Parambrata #BringBackTheTouch.

Continue Reading

You believe in true love?
That kind of love which is unconditional.
Which has no boundaries.
All it does is entwining two hearts which beat as one.

The story of Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters is that type.

The love they share can be set as a benchmark for true love.

So what if they both met at cancer group?
So what if they both were terminally ill?
So what if both their lives were nothing less than a ticking time bomb?
So what if they fell in love?

Love can happen anywhere.
Love can happen to anyone.
Love is… waiting to be loved.

I don’ t want to divulge much of  the story here, and thus its my ardent request that you do read this whilst you have the opportunity.

Their story made me smile, made me ponder upon some thoughts and also got me welled up.

If you have ever loved somebody, this book belongs to you.

Out of all things i read, i just understood one thing.

Love, like your days are numbered, and that my dear friend will bring out the best in you.

Check out the synopsis on Good reads:

The Fault In Our Stars

Check out the trailer on Youtube:

TFIOS

Buy the book from Flipkart:

The Fault In Our Stars

About the Author:

John Green

If you’ve read the book, please do share with me your thoughts…

Continue Reading

My previous 2 posts were about a guy who had feelings for a girl, and he expressed them to her.
Below is the result of that expression.

Reality bites…Doesn’t it?
I remember you asking me to write 16 lines about you.
I managed 13.
But those came straight from my heart.
I felt I haven’t written anything better than that to date.
I named it “That’s the dream” as it isn’t a reality.
I have dreamt of all this lately.

You read it.
You didn’t comment.
But for me that was enough.
I haven’t asked you for an answer or to confess your feelings towards me, as I know the reality.
We have been through with this all the time.

You still like that guy.
Correction.
You still are deeply madly crazily in love with him.
Even though you’ll aren’t together, you still think of him.
Sometimes I think how lucky he is to have someone like you crazy just for him.
I have to admit, I’m jealous too.
But we can’t’ have everything, can we dear?

So, I took a day just consumed in my thoughts, trying to make myself understand.
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. ~Jennifer Yane
This quote touched me.

I won’t deny I got a bit selfish midway, thinking why you are waiting for him, when I am here.
I know he is the best according to you.
I know I may not match his skills, his talents.
I’m simple ya.
But not bad either.
But then, reality bites. And i understand what you feel.
The brain has done its work. But the heart… Oh. Wish it was easy.
I have reached that point in my life where I have realized that it’s worthless to keep your emotions or feelings pent up.
They torture no one apart from you.
So why don’t we spit it out?

I had something for you.
Maybe you will not approve of it.
You might say, it’s fake.
But that would really hurt me dear.
That was genuine.
What I had for you was the truth.
It will remain a distant dream now.
For I have accepted it.
I know you won’t be mine.

That wall you have kept between me and your heart is too strong to be broken.
If you are waiting for him, then I respect that.
I will step down. 🙁

I only have some words left to say to you.
My only request to you is, don’t let your past surround you so much, that it consumes your reality.
Then everything you see will be blurred.
If I say you must move on, that would be selfish of me, because I really want to be with you.
But your final words yesterday sealed it for me.
You said,
For me, the synonym for love is He” and he will always be the one.
So I accept it.
Maybe things happen for the very best.

I have also read that,
“If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don’t, they never were.”

Lol, you know what I just happened to hum a song now.

It’s a Hindi one from the movie “Lootera”

The name is “Ankahee”

If you ever happen to stumble upon this post, do hear it.

You know what, now a list of songs has come in my head.
But I won’t post them here. Enough of sadness.

I think i’m turning insane.
Remembering many quotes, and sad songs.
Hehehe.
Anyways,

I’m ending this post with a few words of my favorite artist Adele’s song “Someone like you”

This is goodbye.
My dear precious, I wish you get what you want.

Yours lovingly,

Lance.

Continue Reading