O is for Obolary which means extremely poor.

For everyone, the words rich and poor is generally connected with wealth they hold. Only until now that people have started searching richness in things more valuable than money. In today’s time a human who can earn a decent livelihood, work 9 to 5, come home by 6 and spend time with his family is considered rich. Those who get a decent sleep at the weekend, have less tension, are more clear in their objectives are rich. Also, those who have few close beings that are always there no matter what are rich.

There are shows like “Friends” and “How I met your mother” which show a decade full of life of those in their late 20’s and how life is messy with never ending problems. But if you have few friends/family along with you always, then you are indeed rich. Today I do know few friends who really have a lot of money but have no friends. They spent their time earning and lost everyone on the way as they couldn’t give them their time. There are some who neglected their near and dear ones. Now they regret their decision but there’s no one to complain to.

That means being poor. Being obolary is when you have no one to talk to, no one to share your issues with and no one whom you can instantly dial and speak rubbish without being judged. In conclusion, so what if you don’t have a lot of money? You might be in debt but you’ll claw out of it eventually. If you have love and friendship around you in your bad and good times, then my friend… smile because you are rich.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 5
    5
    Shares
Continue Reading

F is for Frisson which means a thrill.

We all at some point in life have gone through with a thrill that’s still fresh in our memories. That sudden rush of excitement cannot be felt until it’s done again. While searching for today’s word, I happened to jot down Frisson as it took me back to my travel memories. My best friends also happen to be my school buddies. We are a group of 5 crazy guys.

In 2015 we visited Kasol, Himachal Pradesh. Travel was not our thing basically. We preferred to stay and roam within Mumbai. You can call us lazy and we will not deny that. With a lot of excitement, we decided to book hotels for our 7 days trip and to our dismay we couldn’t find hotels as per our budget. It was then that we decided to take a risk by just booking one night’s hotel stay and decide our trip and itinerary once we reach the hotel.

Did our decision pay off well?

Yes it did. We cracked a deal with the hotelier to give us more discount. This was based on a promise that we stay there for 3 nights instead of 1. Every other place we saw in Kasol was due to the staff who helped us go to these places. Our experiences of hot water springs after a 6 hour trek to Kheerganga, River rafting at the Beas river, waking up at 4 in the morning to catch a bus to Rohtang pass came spontaneously. The thrill of not knowing what we would do next and what was in store for us gave us a rush like never before.

Since that trip, 2 out of 5 have began taking solo trips throughout India and I am so proud of them. Hence thrills are needed and having such memories in life is important.

In conclusion I’d like to know what was your best thrill in life ever that you cannot forget?

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 4
    4
    Shares
Continue Reading

C is for Chinwag which means an informal chat.

When was the last time you spoke to someone for more than an hour minus social media? If you do manage this then I salute your effort. If not, then it’s not too late to try. I cannot do that for sure now. Most of my close friends also make sure I let go off my phone or pass a sarcastic remark so I get their message loud and clear.

This is just one side of me though. I can manage all this. If I’m chatting with friends and something important is up, I make sure to give my whole attention to it. The reason for it being it takes courage to come forward and talk about any topic where they can be judged. Being vulnerable and speaking up is not easy and hence I do make it a point to talk to my near and dear ones asking about their well being. It’s possible I’m very direct in asking but its best that way. I ask if there’s anything that has been troubling their mind. It’s their choice whether to divulge those details or no but knowing that someone is there to listen can calm the mind and give the confidence to share.

So next time try to chinwag with those who matter to you. You don’t know what battles are being fought behind that fake smile. Ask and be available to help.