F is for Frisson which means a thrill.

We all at some point in life have gone through with a thrill that’s still fresh in our memories. That sudden rush of excitement cannot be felt until it’s done again. While searching for today’s word, I happened to jot down Frisson as it took me back to my travel memories. My best friends also happen to be my school buddies. We are a group of 5 crazy guys.

In 2015 we visited Kasol, Himachal Pradesh. Travel was not our thing basically. We preferred to stay and roam within Mumbai. You can call us lazy and we will not deny that. With a lot of excitement, we decided to book hotels for our 7 days trip and to our dismay we couldn’t find hotels as per our budget. It was then that we decided to take a risk by just booking one night’s hotel stay and decide our trip and itinerary once we reach the hotel.

Did our decision pay off well?

Yes it did. We cracked a deal with the hotelier to give us more discount. This was based on a promise that we stay there for 3 nights instead of 1. Every other place we saw in Kasol was due to the staff who helped us go to these places. Our experiences of hot water springs after a 6 hour trek to Kheerganga, River rafting at the Beas river, waking up at 4 in the morning to catch a bus to Rohtang pass came spontaneously. The thrill of not knowing what we would do next and what was in store for us gave us a rush like never before.

Since that trip, 2 out of 5 have began taking solo trips throughout India and I am so proud of them. Hence thrills are needed and having such memories in life is important.

In conclusion I’d like to know what was your best thrill in life ever that you cannot forget?

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 4
    4
    Shares
Continue Reading

C is for Chinwag which means an informal chat.

When was the last time you spoke to someone for more than an hour minus social media? If you do manage this then I salute your effort. If not, then it’s not too late to try. I cannot do that for sure now. Most of my close friends also make sure I let go off my phone or pass a sarcastic remark so I get their message loud and clear.

This is just one side of me though. I can manage all this. If I’m chatting with friends and something important is up, I make sure to give my whole attention to it. The reason for it being it takes courage to come forward and talk about any topic where they can be judged. Being vulnerable and speaking up is not easy and hence I do make it a point to talk to my near and dear ones asking about their well being. It’s possible I’m very direct in asking but its best that way. I ask if there’s anything that has been troubling their mind. It’s their choice whether to divulge those details or no but knowing that someone is there to listen can calm the mind and give the confidence to share.

So next time try to chinwag with those who matter to you. You don’t know what battles are being fought behind that fake smile. Ask and be available to help.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 4
    4
    Shares
Continue Reading

Time.

This 4 letter word sounds simple and has a meaning which is different to every single being on this planet. Time waits for no one. It goes on and on. There will be a beginning for us and an end, but time will be there.

Knowing all this, I’d want to gather your attention to a topic you might relate to; “Giving your time”

Giving your time can be interpreted as giving it for your work, your passion, your love, your friends, your family and sometimes yourself.

The main question being, “Are you giving enough time to everyone?”

By everyone I mean that small list of people who matter the most to you; whose existence matter to you; their opinions you value the most; whose absence will hurt like nothing else you’ve ever felt.

If you’re doing that, then boy I’m proud of you. It’s tough to manage even a small list of 5-10 people.

Many of us like me find it difficult to manage time for those we like. When we fail to do so, we get to hear lines like,

  • You don’t have time for me.
  • There’s 24 hours in a day and you have not a minute for me.
  • You found new friends.
  • Your phone is more important.
  • Your work is more important.

Firstly, It hurts. Yes, it hurts both ways. Of course you had a lot of work and couldn’t get in time for the family movie. And yes, you got so lost in reading that book that you forgot to meet your parents and take them out for dinner. Of course that on the one holiday you got for the week, you decided to sleep and rest and not meet your friends.

We often see our side of the story and fail to see the other side of the story. The only thing you need to do here is to make up for that lost time.

Simple.

Yes, you couldn’t make it in time for the movie. Make sure you make it for the next one soon.

Yes, you slept off the entire Sunday and didn’t meet your friends. Make sure you meet them soon.

Although the only thing that matters is your effort. If that effort takes long, then with time, there will be a distance between you guys. It’s tough to break that. It’s even more tough to take more effort to make it work.

For what it’s worth, don’t let it reach that stage. Take those actions soon. Many don’t have even 2-3 people around them asking about their well being. You have more. Don’t lose it.

Lastly, a special mention goes to those with parents. Give them time. Even if it’s a 1 minute call; do it everyday. You don’t know what’s in store for tomorrow. It doesn’t matter that you’re neck deep in work or too tired to move a muscle. Talk to them. It really matters to them.

Continue Reading