Aisatsu!

Which is also called as “greetings” is how we were greeted while entering Kofuku. Also called as “Happiness” in Japanese, Kofuku aims at spreading happiness through its scrumptious food.

You are bound to be transported to all your memories of television shows and movies that display how a restaurant styled in Japanese is. Kofuku has two types of seating; One with your basic tables and chairs. The second one is the Japanese traditional “Izakaya” sitting where you sit on the floor. It’s quite a good feeling and very intimate too.

Kofuku has an amazing staff and we were treated well by the Manager “Rajesh”. We got help from one of the staff named “Roger” to choose the best options Kofuku has to serve.

Here’s what we began our meal with;

Pomegranate lemonade and Dark Berry – These two mocktails lived to its name and tasted exactly like it should. We liked them.

Kofuku in general is known for their amazing sushi options. We tried 2 varieties of sushi here and this is what we felt;

Oh My God Sushi – Also called as the flaming sushi, this one has my favorite sushi combination of all time i.e. Cream cheese, salmon and Avocado. I always would make it a point to try out this combination anywhere I visit. Here too, the sushi was amazing. Drizzled with creamy spicy and sweet sauce, you are bound to declare your unconditional love back to sushi. Served with sweet sour and salty soy dip, wasabi and pickled ginger, my mouth salivates as I remember the meal from last night.

Prawns Tempura Sushi – Another revelation in recent times has been the prawns tempura. I am not fond of prawns but when it comes to sushi, I can’t let go of this option. This is supposed to be a crispy sushi along with their creamy spicy and sweet sauce. Yes, the crispy quotient was not fully up to the mark but it indeed was a good choice. Again this was served with their sweet sour and salty soy dip, wasabi and pickled ginger. The strength of the wasabi is indeed strong. Eat wisely.

Chicken Yakitori: “Roger” suggested we take an appetizer instead of a third sushi. Although we were not sure with that, we are glad he helped us choose this. Here you have grilled Chicken pieces which are placed on skewers and are glazed with sweet spicy Yakitori sauce. This one is more on the sweeter side and the meat is cooked well. I would suggest you opt for this only if you prefer sweetness in your meal.

Kofuku Balinese curry in yellow coconut flavor: This is one of the three “Chef’s curry specials” available in Kofuku. As the name suggests, this curry has a lot of coconut in it. Cooked well, balanced taste, amazing texture, thick curry goes so well with the boneless chicken chunks. Being a Mangalorean, I have always seen coconut being mixed in our curries. I love them and hence when I tried this chef’s special, it felt like home.

Teppanyaki fried rice – This one was suggested by Roger too. He said, the traditional Balinese curry would go well with the traditional Japanese fried rice with egg and veggies. So we did try this and yes, this sticky rice does go well with the curry. I must say, the bowl which they served the rice in was really cute.

Mochi Ice cream – Finally to end this scrumptious meal, we opted for a traditional Japanese dessert. They had many other options and we took one which had no chocolate. Here they have pounded sticky rice with two separate ice cream fillings of Vanilla & Mango. I must give them credit for the  presentation of this dessert as they make this look like a fruit cut in 4 pieces.

In the end we left Kofuku with a very good meal experience. I’m sure you will too. Do visit them for an authentic meal experience.

Arigato! (Thank you)

Follow me on Instagram and Zomato for more such foodie encounters!

Spread the love...
  • 27
    27
    Shares
Continue Reading

I’ve always been fond of the Asian cuisine varieties. There’s so much you can bring to the table using a mix of hundreds of ingredients and spices to tickle your taste buds. And then there is my love for sushi. Hence when I visited Yazu – Pan Asian Supper Club, I knew I was in for a good experience.

Location and proximity to station – Situated besides the best landmark in Andheri west i.e Infinity Mall, Yazu has space for more than 100 guests at one time. You can reach here via the DN Nagar metro station within 10 minutes, 15-20 minutes each to Jogeshwari or Andheri station.

Seating and Ambiance – There’s comfortable seating along with seating allocated at the bar and a separate area with high table for those who want to enjoy the live screenings. There is absolutely no problem whatsoever in terms of space congestion.

Food and Drinks – Here’s what we tried;

  1. Bhut Jolakia Mule – I am a whiskey cocktail person. But something about this place made me try different options. The staff suggested Bhut Jolakia Mule. For those who don’t know, Bhut Jolakia is the spiciest chilly all over the world found within India. They have made a paste out of it and added vodka along with ginger and lemon. This drink gives the perfect hit and taste. It is spicy and lovely. Highly recommended that you try it out.

  1. Yazu special Gin and Tonic – I also am fond of the classic gin served with tonic water. It really has an amazing taste. Here too they have served with cinnamon and the end result is so good. There is a nice aroma coming out of the glass and it is amazing. Please do try it out.

  1. Prawn Tempura with creamy salmon – Perhaps one of the most surprising moments of my dinner here was this sushi. I am not a prawns fan but on being suggested did try it. Along with prawns and salmon, there was avocado, cucumber and Togarashi sauce which is almost like the sriracha mayo sauce. This was fantastic and I highly recommend you to try it.

  1. Yazu Signature Roll – The Yazu signature roll is a smoked salmon special. I love salmon sushi and hence I liked it a lot. It tastes really nice and is not spicy at all.

  1. Red Tuna Nigiri – The classic Nigiri is a type of sushi that has the raw meat or fish which is placed on top of pressed vinegared rice. I had this with a pinch of wasabi and I must say it was good. I usually prefer salmon nigiri but red tuna did surprise me.

  1. Spicy Lamb – Again, the suggestion given by Yazu’s staff is bang on target. This one is a chef’s signature dish where the meat is cooked very well. They’ve made it spicy and I must say it is the good kind of spicy where you cannot stop eating until it’s over. Do try it out if lamb is your favorite.

  1. Yazu signature green curry fried rice – This one is your basic green Thai curry along with their basic version of fried rice. These are served with 4 prawn crackers for company and topped along with sunny side up fried egg. I love green curry and hence this mains is amazing. The rice tastes well and so does the meat. Please do try this out.

  1. Japanese Cheesecake – I love matcha. I cannot deny it. Hence when I saw the cheesecake here along with matcha ice cream, I had to try it. They have added their baked cheesecake along with matcha green tea ice cream. I loved the texture and the consistency in taste. It’s really good.

To conclude, there’s good food being served here and also an amazing variety of drinks. A special thanks to their staff, especially “Kreo” and “Piloto”. They made us feel at home and were always there to help us make the right decisions and ensure we had a good meal. People as such make your dinner a memorable experience. Do check this place out. They’re worth it.

Spread the love...
  • 13
  • 1
  • 1
    15
    Shares
Continue Reading

Maharaja Bhog is one of those feel good places where anyone and everyone is bound to have an amazing time. There’s instrumental music which is calming. There’s a caring atmosphere here as the staff would be on their toes running around ensuring every patron has an amazing time. I’ve been for lunch here so many times and fail to remember if I ever had a bad time ever.

Location and proximity from station – The only harsh part of the Juhu outlet is that it is forever crowded because of its proximity to Juhu Beach. The nearest station is Vile Parle and it would take you a maximum of 10-15 minutes to get to the place.

Seating and Ambiance – Maharaja Bhog is always bright and they surely love yellow and gold. Everything about the place is vibrant and there is constant chatter. They have comfortable seating for all kinds of groups. There are tables for two, four, eight or even a bigger number. They have a place for everyone. There is soothing music playing which helps you get in the calming mood.

Food and Drinks – We began with their welcome drink. That sets your taste buds ready for a meal to remember. They have a thali system where first they would fill up all the mini bowls and the plate with every essential item on the list. Looking at the thali itself is an amazing experience in itself.

Here’s what you can expect in the thali;

Farsan:

Ghugra and Khatha Dhokla Mariwala – Ghugra and Dhokla are served with three different chutneys that’s sweet, spicy and finally they served us their special beet raita which in itself was amazing and creamy.

Sindi Dal Pakwan Tadka – A special mention to this amazing masterpiece. I loved the entire pakwan. It’s their famous bestseller here. I surely had another serving of this masaledaar pakwaan! You will too!

Vegetables:

Mix Veg Paneer – I love the way they make their paneer. This one is not spicy at all and they make it more thick and creamy. This one is fit for those who love their paneer when it is absolutely not spicy.

Bhindi Masala – They cut the bhindi into tiny fine pieces and the masala makes this item one of the things you must look out for. We liked this.

Aloo Dil Khus – Perhaps it’s my fixation with Aloo but I really love the variations you can come up with potatoes. This one too is a non spicy option and tastes well.

Dal/ Kadhi:

Rajasthani Dal – I love spicy dal. There is something about the taste that you really cannot resist it until it is complete. I had more than two servings of this dal and it will complement well with the vegetables and even when had plainly. Spicy and tasty.

Gujarati Dal – The sweeter variant of dal is also not to be ignored. I like the kadhi as it helps you when you have something spicy to nullify the spiciness off your tongue.

Roti:

We tried three variants; Fulka, Kanda Palak Thepla and Rotla which is a ragi based roti. This goes well with the spicy dal and also with the bhindi and aloo.

Khichdi:

We then tried their traditional famous khichdi with ghee. It’s made very fine and tastes oh so good! We would definitely suggest you to not miss out on any of these!

Desserts:

Apple Halwa – The best part of this halwa was its consistency with the flavor and also the thickness. It’s a proper halwa as you like it and those who like apple would definitely love this.

Fruit Custard – Oh I love the way they have worked on their custard. You can expect a sweet ending here with this custard and even 2 servings are less!

Conclusion –

Maharaja Bhog is for every age group and even though it’s a vegetarian place, you will surely leave this place with a huge tummy and a smile on your face.

It’s something to do about their hospitality and how they give equal attention to each customer. I would like to thank their founder and managing director Ashish Maheshwari for an experience to remember.

Spread the love...
  • 3
    3
    Shares