Kolkata Knight Riders won this year’s Indian Premier League that too in style by chasing a total of 200 within 20 overs.
This is the highest ever total chased in any of the IPL finals from 2008 to present.
Here are some prized moments from yesterday’s historic match.
1) The 2 awesome captains pre match pose with the trophy:
2) The 2 awesome co-owners of both the teams:
3) The hero for Punjab; Wriddhiman Saha who scored 115 i.e. a highest score by anyone in a IPL final :
4) Sunil narine, KKR’s most lethal weapon throughout the tournament had let go of international duty (West Indies) to stay with team for the final. Proved worthwhile didn’t it?
5) Manish Pandey, the star for KKR nearly missed out for a century, but won many hearts, and the cup for his team.
6) This man Piyush Chawla got the winning runs.
7) Celebrations Celebrations:
8) KKR Crowned as IPL Champions 2014:
9) Arguably the best opponent in this year’s IPL for any team was Punjab. A good mix of local and international talent gave them the much needed boost to make it to the final.
10) Last but not the least, a smile on the captain’s face, Gautam Gambhir who has led from the front.
I enjoyed the final, and arguably, the better team won.
This is one of my most laughed about moments in 3 months of internship.
It was IPL 2013, and as we all know, everyone gets busy watching matches.
But unfortunately, my internship started right on the 2nd of May i.e Mid – IPL.
But that’s how life is.
One fine day, we associates had a lot of work load to be eased out.
That meant, full on working.
But also, the clock had indicated with a warning that it’s 4pm that means… IPL time.
We all guys were cricket buffs, and who would want to miss out a Chennai vs Mumbai match?
But the Manager had delegated some work for us to complete by the end of the day.
Sad as we were, we made a puppy dog face…
We then got to know through internal sources that the Head of the branch had given a task to the manager.
And instead of doing it himself, he passed it on to us!
So much for authority!
But not that day…
As soon as it was 4.30, we ( daredevils) sneaked outside, to the nearest resto-Bar, and were watching the match.
Then what happened next, was a shock, a blinder, everything.
As soon as a wicket fell, a guy sitting near the screen cheered “Mumbai,….Mumbai”.
The voice sounded familiar.
It was our manager.
We were surprised, shocked and everything else.
Here he is, enjoying the match, and there we were doing the work he was supposed to do.
He looked at us.
I’m sure he had a dumb faced expression which would even beat the best award for the dumbest expression given ever!
None of us said a word.
The match went on and after the first innings was over, he asked that we all return to work, as tasks had to be completed.
With a faint smile, we walked back.
So much for the love of cricket.
The STAR SPORTS effect:
You all might have heard the new jingle.
“Keep Calm, kanna keep calm, watch Pepsi IPL on Star-sports.com”
Now you don’t need to sneak out side your office to get a glimpse of your favorite match.
Watch it in your cubicle, the pantry, hell even the washroom.
All you need is a smartphone, a tab, or a PC.
Then you are game!
Starsports.com gives you highlights of anything and everything.
Right from the best catches, to the fours, the sixes, the wickets, the best moments, innings wise highlights etc.
See so many things, all under a website.
If you missed a match, they will give you so many highlights, that is equal to your match watching experience.
So be on par with every cricket lover, watch on the go, anywhere and everywhere.
That’s why all Kanna has to do is keep calm, and leave the rest to Starsports.com.